Nostalgia on the PLR

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Having been laid up for a couple of weeks, I took the opportunity to sort through some old videos of the PLR. I decided to edit some of them together with similar scenes taken more recently to give an idea as to how far the railway has progressed over the past twelve years. I hope you enjoy.

Rik

Reactions: 11 users

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
A great comparative history and nicely done.

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks chaps. It was interesting to put together. I'd forgotten some of the early videos. My filming techniques have changed over the years as well. Mostly high level shots in the early days - now almost exclusively ground level shots.

Rik

Last edited:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Having been laid up for a couple of weeks, I took the opportunity to sort through some old videos of the PLR. I decided to edit some of them together with similar scenes taken more recently to give an idea as to how far the railway has progressed over the past twelve years. I hope you enjoy.

Rik
You're doing well if you're vision's as good as it was twelve years ago, Rik :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reactions: 1 user

JamesG

Registered
2 Apr 2017
Newmarket
Best answers
Country flag
Wonderful thanks! Hope you get up and about soon, looking forward to the next post!

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
Wonderful thanks! Hope you get up and about soon, looking forward to the next post!
Thanks James.
Bloomin' Shingles. Knocked me out for a couple of weeks. A lot better now. The doc reckons I got off lightly, thank God. Would hate to think what getting off 'heavily' might entail.

Rik