No 10 pin socket on Direct Decoder motherboard

Benco

Registered
22 May 2020
UK
Best answers
Country flag
I also tried to use the Std Values, 131 etc shown on page 55 of the CV manual with the Massoth bus, but still do not get a Sound Type option. I think I'll go back to square one.

It certainly is a revolutionary product...Ma heid's birlin.

Ben

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Lets step back a bit, please explain what you are actually trying to do?

The "Select Sound Type" menu option in the MST will be greyed out when you have opened up the CV template for a driving only decoder.

So, in this case, if you want to program the XL2 PluG decoder you can get the software to detect it and select the correct template.
However, if you want to change the CVs in the S sound module you will need to manually select the CV template.

Now as you are talking about the "Sound Type", this functionality in the software just associates the sound data sheet to the current template and it may change the labels on some of the fields. Id does not however select the sound within the sound decoder. If you wish to change that then you need to upload sounds to it.

Benco

Registered
22 May 2020
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Lets step back a bit, please explain what you are actually trying to do?

The "Select Sound Type" menu option in the MST will be greyed out when you have opened up the CV template for a driving only decoder.

So, in this case, if you want to program the XL2 PluG decoder you can get the software to detect it and select the correct template.
However, if you want to change the CVs in the S sound module you will need to manually select the CV template.

Now as you are talking about the "Sound Type", this functionality in the software just associates the sound data sheet to the current template and it may change the labels on some of the fields. Id does not however select the sound within the sound decoder. If you wish to change that then you need to upload sounds to it.
Well Mark, I finally have sounds. The bit I was missing was opening up the second XML file in MST and, as you suggested, manually selecting the S >3.5, selecting the Sound Type template for the previously installed sound file, and then writing it to the S module.
Now it's time to fine tune it.

Thanks again for your help.
Ben