new sound software on a massoth LS

itsmcgee

Registered
18 Apr 2012
Spokane Washington USA
Best answers
Country flag
I presently own an lgb 55045 programmer with the latest massoth software. I also have a sporg II with JMRI software. With the equipment I have is there any way for me to change the sound software on my massoth LS decoder. If so what do I use and how do I do it

itsmcgee

Registered
18 Apr 2012
Spokane Washington USA
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the quick answers. I am still pretty new to DCC and need all the advise I can get. Looks like I will be stuck with the recording on there as I don't think I will invest in any more Massoth sound decoders.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Michael,

Thats a bit harsh - ruling out the future use of Massoth sound decoders - in any case, why would you want to change the sound once the correct sound is loaded and the decoder installed in a loco?

What sounds are installed at the moment and what sounds do you want in it?

itsmcgee

Registered
18 Apr 2012
Spokane Washington USA
Best answers
Country flag
I got it with stainz and wanted to use it in my Frank S. It was a matter of poor planning on my part and I'm pretty sure won't be the last mistake I make as I learn what I'm doing. LOL Not to sound harsh I have quite a few Zimo decoders right now and really like the way they work. I can only afford to buy one programmer right now and as I have quite a few more Zimo then I do massoth. Zimo wins for now.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
Best answers
Country flag
Send it down to me and I'll reprogram the sounds for you (no charge), just cover the postage costs. I'll PM you the address.

itsmcgee

Registered
18 Apr 2012
Spokane Washington USA
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for your most generous offer but I live in the USA. I come to this forum because it is the only one I consider worth my time. The people here are great, and full of useful information.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
Best answers
Country flag
Ok, no problem, give Mohamed a call at AllAboutLGB - he should be able to help ypu.