"New" Loco Purchase- evening test

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Hi All,

Those following the "wanted" forum may know this already- but still wanted to share wider group.

This week I have had a new arrival - LGB White Pass Alco 110. It's last owner has looked after it very well and it came with an as new box and instructions. It has also been MTS and sound converted. After travelling the country in my boot I finally got it home for a play tonight.

The sound is awesome, but SWMBO felt that it was maybe too loud. It also looks brilliant in a pair with my other loco although rivet counters wouldn't like them both being number 110!

Tomorrow I am going to see what kind of train I can move around my twisty undulating track with the pair top and tailed. I think this is best approach as tension theough the train on the bends is the problem with one loco rather than power. Pics tomorrow.

Ian

PS this new arrival sleeps alot better than last weeks new arrival, but similarly it will only quiet down in it's own good time! Tac you know what I mean :D

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
CoggesRailway said:
(snip)
PS this new arrival sleeps alot better than last weeks new arrival, but similarly it will only quiet down in it's own good time! Tac you know what I mean :D
You have permission for two new locos in two weeks and a person of the opposing gender who allows you to buy them a short time after producing a small engine of her own?

You are THE MAN amongst men!! Respect. :admire: