New Harz 2-6-2

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
My Favourite!! very nice is that the std sound unit?

matthew

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire
Best answers
Yes i think so, sure he said it was the LGB black box sound unit thingy :clap: hope that helps :rofl:

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
:rofl:
minimans said:
My Favourite!! very nice is that the std sound unit?

hi paul , its a lgb euorpean sound unit, fitted inside the main boddy, with the fly lead volume control sat under the main boddy.
bet u can guess how i know..:D:rofl:

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
Funny though Mike it doesn't look like mr Lump 'ammers been near it!!....................

Glad you're enjoying the loco Matt :D

Still have that green Frank / Nicki S for sale you know.............. :rofl:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
This is one of my favorite LGB Locomotives. Reason being that I had a cab ride on the real thing before the wall came down. My LGB one has a Dietz sound unit in. This does make a nice change from the generic box Euro one. I must do some video of it soon.
JonD

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
JonD
does the dietz system work w analogue?
if so, are they difficult to install?

i too have come to really like the loco
at first impression such a blocky thing 

but it has grown on me and i really like  the overall impression it gives

mine, purchased new, 22801,   is a very interesting runner-high starting voltage so it will sit lighted and smoking

added a great deal of lead-maybe 8-12 ozs lead wool in a baggie in the boiler, and it pulls much better

one of LGBs better locos imho-easy to handle, nicely detailed smooth running, reasonably detailed , looks pretty fair even on r1

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
stevedenver said:
JonD
does the dietz system work w analogue?
if so, are they difficult to install?

i too have come to really like the loco
at first impression such a blocky thing

but it has grown on me and i really like the overall impression it gives

mine, purchased new, 22801, is a very interesting runner-high starting voltage so it will sit lighted and smoking

added a great deal of lead-maybe 8-12 ozs lead wool in a baggie in the boiler, and it pulls much better

one of LGBs better locos imho-easy to handle, nicely detailed smooth running, reasonably detailed , looks pretty fair even on r1

Steve,
Cannot comment on Dietz with analogue. I was for a time nervous about using it on a Non Paralelle LGB MTS System (My system is Paralell, I had been told not to) but it works Ok there. I must leave this question open for someone else as I do not wish to experiment and possibly fry the Dietz sound system.

It was installed by the seller of the locomotive. I have since installed a Dietz system in one of my Pig Nosed Railcars and it was a breeze. I have also done a few of the LGB Systems into locomotives large and small. Not too much of a problem, but my older Corpet was a pig. I had to first chip it up then do the LGB Euro Sound unit. The sound unit was easy peasy in comparison to the chip.
JonD

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
thanks jon

bunnyrabbit03

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Wiltshire
Best answers
Yes, Dietz units work on analogue. There are two different sound chips:

micro-xs:

Mine works on analogue if the DCC chip it is connected to via the SUSI-interface is programmed to switch on the basic chuffing sound when running on analogue (this also includes the start-up sound and the breaking sound). All other functions are only accessible in DCC.

x-clusive II (standard and low-cost version):

Full functionality on both DCC and analogue, but you will need reed switches etc. for bell/whistle (reed switches for synchronised chuffing are included with the steam sound units).

I hope this helps,

Marc