Mr Kipling

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
The kitchen can be a useful source of bits, for sure - the display box from Nespresso coffee pods makes an excellent holder for my acrylic paint pots :happy:

fridge

Registered
15 Jan 2012
Sussex
Best answers
Mr Kipling isn't the only benefactor. I have quite a collection of foil containers from the Christmas (soon be here again) mince pies, M&S puddings (plastic) and oversized foil blister packs from some medicinal capsules. These are really useful for mixing very small quantities of two-part glues.(Not entirely sure what the medicine is good for......)

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Also, those small plastic boxes that you can see on market stalls that hold a sweets etc in weighed batches.

You may also may be amazed to learn that, some smaller shops will give away the larger ones, saves them disposal charges.

cbeckett

Osier & Woodhurst (UK), Gosnells Extension (OZ)
17 Nov 2013
Gosnells, Perth, WA
Best answers
Those little cake/biscuit trays make excellent pig huts!1-IMG_0586.JPG

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Those huts are 'exceedingly good' I reckon! :happy: :happy:

cbeckett

17 Nov 2013
Gosnells, Perth, WA
Best answers
Thanks - the "straw" is cheapo paint brush bristles...not sure if the flavour and odour in the huts is up to Mr Kipling standards...maybe, maybe not... :D :D

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
Best answers
Country flag
But who's eaten all the piggies :-\ ???

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
chris beckett said:
Thanks - the "straw" is cheapo paint brush bristles...not sure if the flavour and odour in the huts is up to Mr Kipling standards...maybe, maybe not... :D :D

Love the 'Piglo's' another cheep source for straw, probably cheeper then cheepo Paint Brushes is Sisal String. You know that strong light coloured stuff that was wrapped around that Big Red Box that was delivered recently!
JonD

cbeckett

17 Nov 2013
Gosnells, Perth, WA
Best answers
UKSGR said:
But who's eaten all the piggies :-\ ???

Me - mornin' sarnies :D :D

dunnyrail said:
Love the 'Piglo's' another cheep source for straw, probably cheeper then cheepo Paint Brushes is Sisal String. You know that strong light coloured stuff that was wrapped around that Big Red Box that was delivered recently!
JonD

Ain't had one of those big red package for ages... :'( :'(