Modifying figures for the 1930s

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
I recently posted a thread showing how I created interiors for some of my coaches which were bashes of Bachmann Sharps into something vaguely resembling Leek & Manifold saloons. I mentioned I was populating them with figures modified to look more 1930s from those cheap Chinese figures which come up regularly on eBay. I've now put together a blog post explaining what I did as some expressed an interest in hearing more. https://riksrailway.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/how-i-modified-some-cheap-figures-for.html

Here's a sample of what they finished up like ....
IMG_3306.JPG IMG_3308.JPG IMG_3310.JPG

Rik

Reactions: 9 users

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
From the pics above, Rik, a very nice job! :)

The one in the middle of the middle pic does look worryingly like David Cameron, though..... :rofl:

Jon.

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
From the pics above, Rik, a very nice job! :)
The one in the middle of the middle pic does look worryingly like David Cameron, though..... :rofl:
Jon.
Hi Jon
Guess I'll now need to make a gypsy caravan so he can sit on its steps ...........

Rik
PS - Just remembered, I don't have £25k to spare, so maybe give it a miss

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Judging by the body language of his fellow travellers, it looks like he's having a bit of wind trouble, perhaps the beans he eats in his caravan are making themselves known :D:D

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Nice paint job, Rik. I've painted a fair few of those figures over the past couple of years, great fun.

Reactions: 1 user

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
Nice paint job, Rik. I've painted a fair few of those figures over the past couple of years, great fun.
Thanks. As they are going to be hidden away inside the coaches, I thought they provided a good opportunity to experiment with my painting techniques.

Rik

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag

Hmmm... Not sure about that Casey!!

(yet another) new definition of the word 'fun'! ;):rofl::rofl:

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Hmmm... Not sure about that Casey!!

(yet another) new definition of the word 'fun'! ;):rofl::rofl:
It may seem to be perverse Phil,but I do indeed enjoy figure painting wether it be large scale, 1/32 or 1/72 and a few scales in between. I must admit that occasionally I will take a break away from painting figures so that it doesn't become a chore.

Andrew B. Middleton

Registered
22 Jun 2016
Beechworth VIC 3747
Best answers
To ge_rik: Your methods remind me of someone else from a few too many years ago for me to remember his name, but who used similar methods for "re-imaging" figures.