Modellbahntag in Dischingen | Eisenbahn-Romantik

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Working handbrakes on the stock!?
I assume that the model 'in the metal' was coal-fired?

And finally, was that you hanging off that viaduct? - Or did painting the house just feel like it?
:D

PhilP

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Really superb set of modelling.

I would love to know more about the viaduct, is it a concrete moulded one in place permanently or a portable one made of something much lighter. Believe me a concrete one that size would not be movable with any ease.

Dischlingen Station is around 5 km from the Hartsfeldbahn Museum on the line that used to run from Aalen to Dillingen in the South of Germany not too far from Stuttgart. If in the area the Eisenbahn Museum at Nordlingen is well worth a visit with steam specials out on the main line from time to time.

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Thank you.

Wow. Delightful.
The station itself is beautiful.
The modeling superb, yet, all of the modelers seem , relaxed, fun loving, but still very detail oriented. And, supremely collaborative….not always something ive seen in some garden railway clubs.

in watching a description of the conductor’s/postal car, i loved the tiny world and plausibility created by the detailing, something i too have done, but only with stock LGB.

I particularly liked seeing the setting out all of the figures and creating small scenes, just like some of us mere mortal modelers.

Finally, what a joy to see live steam running at scale speeds.