Registered
27 Nov 2018
Jersey
Country
Jersey
hsbagardenrailway.com
Best answers
Country flag
Does anyone have a supplier/recommendation for minature beer glasses and bottles?

I have some beer crates which look great but looking to detail the beer garden scene. Mxion have wine bottles, empty wine glasses and spirit bottles but looking more for the style you get with Preiser figures:
1713712926642.png

I tried looking at dolls house bier glasses but they're far too large. Any tips would be appreciated!

korm kormsen

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Country
Paraguay
Best answers
Country flag
i have cut off some of the old fashioned christmas chain lights as bottles. and i am constantly on the hunt for cotton sticks with transparent or semitransparent grips to cut up for glasses.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I've just received some new paint brushes with the tips protected by clear plastic tubes, I wonder if ones of a suitable diametre cut to size height wise would work

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Most the doll's house items are over scale, but are these any good?

PhilP

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Yes old biro pen tubes would make good glasses, I use them to protect brushes. A small circle of plastic glazing cut via a hole punch would work super glued to the base, ay need some trimming after the glue dried. Clear or coloured straws would work as well with some plasticard round rod to make handkes.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Playmobil made/make some wine glasses and bottles and at one time beer tankards complete with overflowing foam.

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
Mini-art have a selection of 1/35 scale kits of bottles, beer and wine cases etc. that might be worth a look. I've got a box full somewhere that I hoped to deck out my Orient Express restaurant and bar cars with.

curtis

Registered
27 Nov 2018
Jersey
Country
Jersey
hsbagardenrailway.com
Best answers
Country flag
Reactions: 1 user

duncan1_9_8_4

Jack of all trades on the Railway
25 Oct 2009
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Best answers
Country flag
I actually ended up going with these in the end. Slightly overscale but close enough at our scale! Thanks for the recommendations, everyone!
Indeed. From 6ft above, it's hard to tell.