Metal wheels - good source

RH Prague

Central European. the station pub is Czech !!
28 Oct 2009
Prague
Best answers
Country flag
Thought you might be interested in this US source. Read about http://www.san-val.com/ < Link To Roll-EZ wheels on the web. Then I found this guy selling http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1314wt_1141 < Link To bundles of them on eBay. It looks like he might be the importer, and offers them regularly. Why he sells them loose at this price I can only surmise. But they arrived last week, via a kind friend who bought them back from the States. And having shod most of my stock with them and tested today, I can tell you they are very good. Delighted with the effect on the track (clean) and somehow everything seems to run more smoothly. And of course it all goes clickety - clack:).
Only gripe was that he charges fairly high postage even within the US, and wanted to charge double when I ordered two packs together. Got him to come down on that, so watch out, and approach him first if you order more than one pack. But they are heavy, to be fair, and beware of that if you ask a friend to bring them back.

MR SPOCK

railways politics Human rights loud music
25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
cornwallrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
[align=center]I have had very good dealings with AL and have been very happy with the outcome,

the wheels are as supplied wiv USAT stuff, but for less money you can get in the UK from trackshack as good as but in my opinion better wheels 30mm AZ 6
[/align]

RH Prague

28 Oct 2009
Prague
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, so do I understand that these wheels I've bought are essentially USATrains wheels, and Roll-EZ is Mr Kramer's brand?

Mr Spock, I would be interested to follow up on your tip from Trackshack (I am now convinced to go metal on everything:)). What brand of wheels are those you mentioned?

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
MR SPOCK said:
[align=center]I have had very good dealings with AL and have been very happy with the outcome,

the wheels are as supplied wiv USAT stuff, but for less money you can get in the UK from trackshack as good as but in my opinion better wheels 30mm AZ 6
[/align]

Hi Spockie
I also use Al's ball bearing wheels (got a whole load of them back when exchange rate was very good) but running out now. The trackshack ones are fixed axles but look pretty good value. What size washer do you stick into the rim. Some accelerated rusting could be on the cards!

rjstott

DIY, Photography, Electronics and Computers
8 Jan 2010
Lougratte, France
Best answers
Comparing the Roll-EZ with the ebay listing it seems the Roll-EZ have bearings whilst the ebay ones don't? Anyone know?

Richard

RH Prague

28 Oct 2009
Prague
Best answers
Country flag
rjstott said:
Comparing the Roll-EZ with the ebay listing it seems the Roll-EZ have bearings whilst the ebay ones don't? Anyone know?

Richard

I was confused at first, but Roll-EZ offer both. I asked Mr Kramer and he confirmed that what he was offering on eBay was the cheaper version without ball bearings.