Massoth DCC Updates, worth checking.

Jisonga

Garden Railways, Motor Sport, Games Consoles.
24 Oct 2009
South East England.
Best answers
Ok now this topic may just about a problem i had but i thought i would post it in here anyway just in case.

I brought my Massoth many years a go as it first launched here in the UK and had to wait for the Handset as they had not been released here in the UK.

Andrew from Garden Railway Centres got me one from Germany which had UK as its second language and this is where the problems started for me.

Now although the 1200Z control centres english problems where sorted out with a firmware update very soon after, the updates for the Navigator do not quite hit the spot and left about a third of text still in german on display.

Now this did not stop me using the handset as i only use a few of the features and they were just about all in english but it bug me somewhat.

So as the years went by i got used to it and kept updating the firmware which as always listed as German/English for my model and the problem continued.

Then the other day while working away in the new train shed with laptop with me to help sort out a Digitrax decoder problem, which i did sort as i was using wrong CV number to change loco address, i thought i would check massoth website - http://www.massoth.com/ < Link To www.massoth.com - to see what was new in the download section and update if i found anything.

There was no new firmware update for the Massoth 1200z that is still on version 2.40 dated - 09/07/2008 but there was a newer firmware update for the Navigator than i was running. Its now upto version 1.71 dated - 30/09/2009 which i downloaded and it all updated ok via new V1.2 massoth update program.

As always i did a check of the handset and still some german, and then it hit me while sitting there looking at the laptop i saw they now do language packs for individual languages they have been up there since the end of 2008 and give the option of second or first language choice of download but i never thought to look at them after updating firmware for some reason and completely missed them!

So i looked at list and thought i would try the English first language choice as mine only has english as it second choice at the moment and this could be part of my problem.

So i went for it and used this update and guess what my whole Navigator is now 100% completely english and works a treat to boot.

I am now an even happier bunny than before.

So the moral of this long winded tale is please make sure you check out the massoth website and then visit the download centre, you will need to register but its free and only takes two ticks, to see if any problems you are having with your setup can be fixed with a bug/firmware update as it worked for me.

Oh and if your PC like mine only has USB you can get a cheap lead from the net, got mine from ebay, that has the RS32 end for the massoth and then USB plug at other end for PC and after loading the software works ok.

Thank you.

Jason.

nico

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Ireland
nslrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
Great to see it all worked out without any problems,i was avoiding updates myself in case something went wrong its an expensive piece of equipment for anything to happen:clap:

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Don,t be too frightened Nico it's quite easy to do. BTW if you use a serial to usb adaptor don't forget to installl the drivers (thanks Ian). Free down loads off the web.

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Don't be frightened Nico. It's easy to do. BTW if you get a serial to usb adaptor don't forget to load the drivers available off the web. (thanks Ian)

Jisonga

Garden Railways, Motor Sport, Games Consoles.
24 Oct 2009
South East England.
Best answers
Since massoth brought out version 1.2 of the software to update firmware with came out its been very easy and reliable to update any massoth item.

I got a driver disc with my lead and it worked fine with Vista.

Jason.