MartyI

Registered
14 Jan 2012
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Folks,
I’m just restarting my G Scale adventure again after a 5 year hiatus. I have a Massoth DCC system and now notice that have changed to a 2.4 system and they had a trade in program. I was wondering if there is any benefit to changing to the new 2.4 system? I have tried to reach out to a vendor that I used before (all about lgb) bit they have not responded to my emails. Wondering if they went out of business. Any insight on Massoth resources/dealers here in the states would be appreciated.

Thanks

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Folks,
I’m just restarting my G Scale adventure again after a 5 year hiatus. I have a Massoth DCC system and now notice that have changed to a 2.4 system and they had a trade in program. I was wondering if there is any benefit to changing to the new 2.4 system? I have tried to reach out to a vendor that I used before (all about lgb) bit they have not responded to my emails. Wondering if they went out of business. Any insight on Massoth resources/dealers here in the states would be appreciated.

Thanks
Yea, I think Mohammed and his wife are on holiday vacation.

So I can help you........I also handle Massoth and it's the system I use primarily for my work, garden railway, etc, along with the ESU CabControl DCC system.

I have the upgrade kit if interested: Comes with a 2.4Ghz Transmitter you use to replace the existing one in your Navigator, and a 2.4GHz Receiver. I upgraded my two Navigators a year ago with no problems. I can furnish you the Massoth instructions, and I have them posted on my Website too, that explains how you must first update the two sets of firmware in your Navigator to do the install. The benefit: Supposedly the 2.4GHz frequency is more stable than the older frequencies. And it's now the standard in Massoth Navigators/Receivers for use in both Europe and the USA........smart move from a manufacturing standpoint.

1672853259015.png

Diesel2000

Registered
18 Feb 2020
Chicago
Best answers
Country flag
The most recent 2.1 version of the 2.4ghz protocol is more stable and has better range than the old FM system. Is it definitely better? Hard to say. If you dont have issues with the current system then I would say stay on it.