Marklin spares

natdawson

Registered
31 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I have a loco which started life as a Marklin Köf II, I don't know the exact model number due to it being modified beyond all recognition but it's effectively the same as Model Number 5577.
The plastic gear wheels on the drive shafts have well and truly been eaten by the brass bevel gears on the motor and so I'm looking for replacements, the only issue being that the part I need 332540 is no longer available.

IMG_20221119_171043962.jpg IMG_20221119_171051697.jpg
Does anyone know of a newer part which will work that is available or alternatively replacement plastic gear wheels?

I have contacted Marklin but thought I'd ask here in case there are suitable alternatives available.

Many thanks.

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
I the last twenty years I've had zero luck contacting Marklin in Germany. I've had limited success going via Gaugemaster at Ford, near Arundel, but beware that the prices of even the smallest item of spare part is horrendous. I ordered some replacement steps for some Gauge 1 passenger coaches - just little bits of plastic, but £18 for THREE. Of course, there are FOUR on each coach....

Reactions: 1 user

craigwrdouglas2

Registered
29 Jun 2021
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Most of the spares I ordered to patch up LGB locos came from Rainer Modellbahnen - Rainer Modellbahnen
Essentially I emailed them with a parts list and the send back an invoice etc..

I never felt that the prices were that expensive comparatively. Worth a look if you are unhappy with your current supplier etc etc.