Lighting for Accucraft Beyer-Garratt?

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Evenin', all. Has anybody here installed lighting into those HUGE headlights/tender lights on the Accucraft NG/G16? If so, I'd appreciate any details of the installation.

Money is no object.

Well, basically, that's because I don't have much to sling around getting somebody else to do it.

TIA

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
No, but I've seen a button cell powered light (probably an led) on a gauge 1 live steam Aster loco (not a Garratt though).
You may wish to experiment with something similar.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
You could make something using a small button battery and a LED. There was an article sometime ago in the 16mm Association magazine showing how a lamp was made. (Seems Neil and have the same ideas)
There is a commercially made one utility there somewhere

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the tints and hips, Guys. I know about the G1 locos with lights. At least three of my fellow steamers in the Greater Vancouver Live Steamers has equipped their Accucraft Royal Hudsons in this fashion, and they look VERY spiffy indeed! LED is the way to go, I know, as my Marklin S18 has them fitted, too. I'll just have to look around and see what there is - the BG headlight is a very odd shape that's not helping me out much.