phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I spent this afternoon adding lighting to a Pola 330908 Covered Station Platform. I used five segments of LED strip lights and black 28awg twin conductor wire. Low temp hot melt glue and a couple small black tie-wraps were used to attach the LEDs and wiring to the inside of the platform roof and the post. The unique thing about this project was how I got the power lead to the LEDs. I drilled a hole up from the bottom of one of the roof support posts that was intercepted by another hole drilled diagonally on the inside of the post. One of the flutes molded into the post made drilling the diagonal hole easy. Drilling was done manually using a pin vice. The wires pretty much disappear being black and running on the inside of the post. The power supply leads exit underneath the platform. The following pics tell the story. Forgive the kitchen counter - it was the only flat surface I had available to take the photos.

Platform lighting - 1.jpegPlatform lighting - 1 _1_.jpegPlatform lighting - 1 _2_.jpegPlatform lighting - 1 _3_.jpegPlatform lighting - 1 _4_.jpegPlatform lighting - 1 _5_.jpeg

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Very discrete and well executed. Thanks for the ideas.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Looks great