LGB power block

Dave Hub

everyting
26 Oct 2009
west mids
Best answers
Hello all,

This is not one of my strong points so I come to seek assistance from the masses.

I am making a start on my LGB LCE train conversion. I have removed the power block from my old LCE with the intentoin of adding it as more power to my new 5 car LCE.

Firstly is there a way of adding directional lighting coming from the power block? I noticed a few pins with some letters on any ideas what they are? could I plug lighting in to any of these?

Photo included.

Also If running a train with two motors do I need to connect these with wire to ensure they run at the same speed and share the same power supply?

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I'm no LGB officianado, but with a bit of schoolboy german I can guess at the wiring colours ;)

Reading from left to right

gn - grun - green
bn - brun - brown (that was difficult wasn't it :cool: )
ws - weiss - white
ge - gelb - yellow

Reading Mike's previous posts about LGB wiring, I'm pretty sure there's a standard colour notation.

Well, that's a start then

:clap:

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
The pins are:

gn (green) - MOTOR -
bn (brown) - TRACK -
ws (white) - TRACK +
ge (yellow) - MOTOR +

Note: gn & bn should be connected together, likewise ws & ge together.

There is no need to connect the motor blocks together, but you can and if you do it will aid in power pick up, it may also cause problems in other ways, i.e. the whole train must reside in an isolating section etc.

In order to fit directional lighting, feeds from (gn+bn) and (ws+ge) would be taken through suitable diodes to lamps or LEDs (with a suitable resistor).

Zman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
On a hillside in Morley, overlooking Leeds!
Best answers
<p>Standard colour coding for LGB is;</p><p>Yellow = Motor +</p><p>Green = Motor -</p><p>White = Track +</p><p>Brown = Track -</p><p> </p>

Dave Hub

everyting
26 Oct 2009
west mids
Best answers
Many thanks for quick replys, guess I'll give the directional lighting a shot then. :thinking: