LGB 22061 Ge 6/6

wandgrudd

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Just got my new loco first impressions are very good, model is incredibly heavy and articulation in the middle is clever the centre bogey pivots as per the normal end bogies but also slides on a shaft to give it lateral movement left and right across the base, the wheels are huge and much bigger than the normal rhb Ge4/4 type. Sound is fantastic as normal bit load out of the box but that can be altred. Haven't had time to test it out on the line yet but with the weight of it I can imagine it being able to pull a tremendous amount of axles.

Andrew

Reactions: 1 user

wandgrudd

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Pictures aren't fantastic sorry about that.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Lovely loco, can't wait to see it running. Not in the least bit envious. :smirk:

wandgrudd

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Lovely loco, can't wait to see it running. Not in the least bit envious. :smirk:
That might be awhile as I haven't run anything for a couple of months so I need to do a good bit of maintenance and I don't know if I'm going to get time till Christmas. But If I get a nice weekend I'll certainly give it a go.

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Looks great! I can't wait till the container makes it this side of the pond! I'm glad I pre-ordered one as they already appear sold out at the factory - or at least on the official Märklin/LGB web site.

dennishodge

Registered
21 Feb 2018
Bellevue, WA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
After a lengthy commute from Germany (27 days!!!! Back to MSL 2 day shipping for the next order...), mine arrived as well! >:)

The laterally sliding middle bogie and the vertically shifting central box joint are all per the prototype. Interesting design.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Saw one of these on the GRS stand at Warley.

Fabulous looking loco, but above my pay grade!

Maybe Kato will make a N gauge on for Rhaetia....

Brixham

No buffers were hurt at this sign
27 Aug 2010
Best answers
Country flag
I was on the Train Collectors Society stand opposite GRS....and had a quick chat with Gizzy as he passed. All day Saturday I glanced at this loco.....and then halfway through Sunday it disappeared!

Later on I saw a gentleman carry away a large red box.......

Malcolm