LGB 21360 Tramwagen lights not working

Rboesger

Registered
19 May 2022
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, I’m new to this and have a LGB 21360 Tramwagen that I can’t seem to get the lights to work. I’ve replaced the bulbs other than the 2 red ones. I’ve downloaded manual but having trouble finding info on this. Anyone had this happen or have an idea where to find help?
Thanks in advance,
Rboesger

Cliff George

Registered
24 Oct 2009
City of Chelmsford
Best answers
Country flag
I believe that tram came with a factory fitted MTS decoder. Are you trying to turn on the lights with an MTS system?

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Rboesger. There been plenty of problems with lights solved on this forum, so you should get all the help you need. Unfortunately I don't have any knowledge of your tram, but I can advise you to beware of the awful jokes

MTheStrong

Registered
28 Oct 2009
Harwich
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, I’m new to this and have a LGB 21360 Tramwagen that I can’t seem to get the lights to work. I’ve replaced the bulbs other than the 2 red ones. I’ve downloaded manual but having trouble finding info on this. Anyone had this happen or have an idea where to find help?
Thanks in advance,
Rboesger
Hi Rboesger

There is a 4 position switch which can be reached through the open window. It is important that the correct switch position is used. Here are the functions for the 4 position switch:

0. Power switched off.
1. Current from the tracks, Engine and Lighting (Front and Rear) Switches on Factory On position
2. Current from the tracks. Engine and Lighting (Front only - no Red Tail Light)
3. Current from Overhead Cable. Engine and Lighting including red tail light

From what you have described it could be that you need to check that you have set the switch to position 2.

Regards

Martin

Reactions: 1 user

Rboesger

Registered
19 May 2022
Best answers
Country flag
I believe that tram came with a factory fitted MTS decoder. Are you trying to turn on the lights with an MTS system?
Hello, I believe you’re right but I’m not using a MTS system, do I need to? Sorry but I’m very new to this, trying to get up to speed and having a blast I might add! Thanks again

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
So you are using analogue DC power?

I assume you can run the model in either direction, and you are using track-power, not overhead?

Try the internal switch in each of the four positions.

It is possible that the decoder (if fitted) has been configured for some (all?) of the lights to be off, when running on DC. - Though this is unusual.

PhilP

Rboesger

Registered
19 May 2022
Best answers
Country flag
So you are using analogue DC power?

I assume you can run the model in either direction, and you are using track-power, not overhead?

Try the internal switch in each of the four positions.

It is possible that the decoder (if fitted) has been configured for some (all?) of the lights to be off, when running on DC. - Though this is unusual.

PhilP
Tried all and no luck, does only go in one direction I discovered. Thanks for the input!

Rboesger

Registered
19 May 2022
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Rboesger

There is a 4 position switch which can be reached through the open window. It is important that the correct switch position is used. Here are the functions for the 4 position switch:

0. Power switched off.
1. Current from the tracks, Engine and Lighting (Front and Rear) Switches on Factory On position
2. Current from the tracks. Engine and Lighting (Front only - no Red Tail Light)
3. Current from Overhead Cable. Engine and Lighting including red tail light

From what you have described it could be that you need to check that you have set the switch to position 2.

Regards

Martin
Martin,
Great info, I could only find in German. I tried all and 1 & 2 had same result of no lights. I also discovered that it only goes in 1 direction. I really appreciate the info and any other thoughts you may have.
Thanks again,
Rboesger

MTheStrong

Registered
28 Oct 2009
Harwich
Best answers
Country flag
Martin,
Great info, I could only find in German. I tried all and 1 & 2 had same result of no lights. I also discovered that it only goes in 1 direction. I really appreciate the info and any other thoughts you may have.
Thanks again,
Rboesger
Hi Rboesger,

What is the name and type of controller that you are using? This will be useful in trying to resolve the problems that you are having with the lights. By the way in addition to the front and rear lights the tram also has an internal light in the roof of the carriage, Is this working?

Regards

Martin