LGB 20882 Unitar Loco.

MikeGscale

All Matters GScale - DCC, Analogue, Battery, Steam
8 Oct 2010
Sussex (Mid Sussex)
Best answers
:wits:
LGB 20882 Unitar Loco. I would like to install Massoth Sound card to this loco which has 2 off LGB Decoders and Sound unit. The fire lights appear to be integral with the LGB sound board. How do I wire the Fire Lights with the new Massoth decoder & Sound card?
MikeGscale

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
I'm sure the XLS has suitable outputs among its various function terminals for flickering/flashing lights (with variable rate according to CV setting), if you check the Massoth manual it should all be listed. I'd assume one of these would be suitable for a firebox light.
If the loco already has factory MTS and sound, any particular reason you're replacing that with the Massoth unit?

MikeGscale

8 Oct 2010
Sussex (Mid Sussex)
Best answers
Zerogee said:
I'm sure the XLS has suitable outputs among its various function terminals for flickering/flashing lights (with variable rate according to CV setting), if you check the Massoth manual it should all be listed. I'd assume one of these would be suitable for a firebox light.
If the loco already has factory MTS and sound, any particular reason you're replacing that with the Massoth unit?

Thanks for your response.
Yes, the Massoth deoder does, but it is a question of the the lighting unit being integral with the existing sound card.
The reason for wanting to change it is I can't operate the sound via the LGB hand control i.e switch it off, invoke bell/whistle/station/announcement/etc.

MikeGscale

8 Oct 2010
Sussex (Mid Sussex)
Best answers
funandtrains said:
Why would you want to change the sound as the LGB is digital ready and will work with the no-sound Massoth decoders? This is one of the best LGB sound units.

Thanks for responding.
Ordinarily, I would not want to, but cannot invoke the differ sounds i.e. bell,whistle, station announcment via the LGB hand controllers
Perhaps I should have worded my problem differently, but upon recommendation bought a Massoth decoder with the Unitar sound.
Cheers

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
That sounds very odd to me: if you're unable to operate the existing built-in sound functions how are you going to be able to operate the Massoth sound functions?

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Something appears to be set wrong. You should be able to operate the sound etc with the hand set. As stated above, removing the factory sound is a backwards step - I would suggest you were wrongly recommended to buy the new card.
And, as the firebox lights are on the original card you will loose this feature.