Lego Krok

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Just spotted this.
I am not into Lego but it’s a bit different.
Scale looks as if it might be G or possibly O.

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Apparently, it is “6 studs wide” and fits their standard track.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
It doesn't seem to be articulated but it's hard to be sure.

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
It is articulated. You can see it from a thumbnail side shot in the link.

This one is articulated too. :D

iu

Last edited:

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
These large models, are not *really* Lego though, are they?

There are so many specifically moulded parts, without which you can't make the model, they are really 'snap-together' plastic models.. Where the 'snap-together' part happens to be the way Lego bricks join.. :(

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Country
Norfolk-Island
Best answers
Country flag

There are so many specifically moulded parts, without which you can't make the model, they are really 'snap-together' plastic models.. Where the 'snap-together' part happens to be the way Lego bricks join.. :(
The original Lego with its variety of standard bricks helped cultivate the imagination of children (and adults) that played with it. These specific models need no imagination although they are amazing in their own right.

Paul

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Wilts Drifting toward the RhB,plate tectonics rock
Best answers
Country flag

Not really, they use lots of standard parts and I can’t see anything new on the outside. Initially you saw a lot of new parts but they tend to re use them in clever ways in other models. I’m quite astonished how they do and it’s why I consider much of the advanced Lego building good modelling.
Now if they just do the RhB Krok . . .

musket the dog

Registered
31 Oct 2009
Leicester
nlrr.webs.com
Best answers

There are so many specifically moulded parts, without which you can't make the model, they are really 'snap-together' plastic models..

I believe that this has come from a slightly different source than the usual kid's set. Lego now host a website where builders can upload their own build sets. The public are allowed to lend their support to the ones they like, or vote for them. I think the sets that receive X amount of votes go on to be considered by Lego making into an actual kit. The result is you get some really interesting ideas, built out of the basic blocks people have access to.

The original upload for the Crok is here: Crocodile Locomotive SBB Ce 6/8 III interesting to see the detail that Lego appear to have taken out. A Spanish builder has recently uploaded a surprisingly accurate set of the New Walk in Leicester that I quite like the idea of.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Lego:h::h::h:

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Not really, they use lots of standard parts and I can’t see anything new on the outside. Initially you saw a lot of new parts but they tend to re use them in clever ways in other models. I’m quite astonished how they do and it’s why I consider much of the advanced Lego building good modelling.
Now if they just do the RhB Krok . . .

They sort have twice already...

Set 4551 for the 9v train system back in the 1991.

There is another red one as well set 10183, too many wheels though.

Last edited:

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Mine was shipped yesterday... a delayed father-day present from the kids (with a little financial help from my wife)...

I am really looking forward to this set! I admire the crocs since I got the LGB virus, but an LGB croc really doesn't fit my layout. So a Lego croc is a perfect substitute! And I am *really* looking forward to see if I can make the RhB version out of it!

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
The original upload for the Crok is here: Crocodile Locomotive SBB Ce 6/8 III interesting to see the detail that Lego appear to have taken out.

Oh yes, that one was just perfect! The 10277 set (the just released Lego set) is different, for starters, the IDEAS set is 8 stud wide, the Lego set is 6 stud wide. And then there are 1000 other differences.