Lady Anne Crash Video....

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
This is a bit different. I was playing trains this morning and decided it would be fun to get a live steam hauled view of the entire route. It was going really well, and Lady Anne was on her 6th or 7th circuit (but first with camera) when she piled straight into a train in a siding! No damage fortunately...

So what does the GSC Accident Investigation Board conclude chaps?

1) Tampering with the points by the staff of a newly constructed duplo station. They were getting frustrated by the drivers insistance on rattlling through the station without stopping on the downward grade (my intial finding).

2) Or over exuberance on the drivers behalf on the down hill approach into an r2 point?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KWZV2T6ZEs enjoy! BTW sound up some lovely chuffing pre crash.

E

Elmtree Line

Lucky it was at slow speed.

Not nice to see someones pride and joy leap off the rails :brokeheart:

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
No it was a relief to find no damage! As to speed that is the fastest section of the track, so as fast as she is going to go- doesn't look fast from on view but enough to have my heart in my mouth. Actually the 0-4-0 probably saved it from tumbling across the tarmac.

DavidLJ

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Fraggle Rock aka Isle of Man
Best answers
Again it's lucky it's seems slow speed and ground level too... Sack the junior staff !!! hehehehe Glad there was no damage though..

eye-kay

Trams, narrow gauge, and anything else on rails
26 Oct 2009
Warwickshire
Best answers
Country flag
Great video. As you say some lovely chuff sounds.

Ian

GarryH

Registered
30 Oct 2009
Crowborough East Sussex
Best answers
I am forced to disagree with the original findings in this case. I have studied the evidence in detail and should like the jury to consider the following.

@2.14 (mins seconds) the perpetrator of this crime tries to exit stage left. (Wonder who that was ehh?!!) Whilst a gentleman (1) (all be it a small one) enters the railway property, despite personal danger to himself races to the scence of impending disaster.
@2.16 clearly the gentleman (2) (again a small one) in the red (note to parent should be safety high vis jacket on railway property!) waves to the train to warn of impending disaster!
@2.21 gentleman (2) in red is forced to back away from the lunatic driving of the steam engine
@2.26 gentleman (1) makes a mad dash to save the day but is forced back by the steam and steel onslaught!

If is my opinion that gentleman 1 & 2 should be cited for commendations in this tragic affair and all haste should me made to find the "responsible person", upon who, the full force of the law should be employed, in this sad incident.

PS Glad m'Lady wasn't damaged!

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
I hope you didn't blame the kids for that :timeout:

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Yes... I did jump to the wrong conclusion... they are very good at not touching unless told and the footage appears to show, in retrospect, inappropriate speed and a jump of the points. I have apologised to the staff!

JRinTawa

Member of the Wellington Garden Railway Group
25 Oct 2009
Tawa
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Wonderful Chuff.
Phew glad no damage done, and the youngsters have come through the inquiry unscathed;)

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Like all the others, I am glad that no damage ensued. However on a ground level line little is likely to be damaged, Roundhouse Loco's , Backman and LGB stock is pretty well indestructible.

But I have another possible scenario to add to the mayhem that occured, was the driver indulging in a little ilegal FLY shunting?

Also who supplied the great chuff pipe?
JonD

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
Great video, glad no damage was sustained.

Liked the way that the rest of the train and camera car continued to shunt itself into the siding. :D

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
It looked to me as if the smallest member of staff was trying a valiant re-enactment of the railway children - but the engine driver was obviously having none of it.

But the 'fly' shunting was superb :rofl::rofl:

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
LOL all great fun as it turned out. It's a Summerland Chuffpipe under load- the camera was on the third of 6 wagons. I think the walls fences gradients and narrow spaces help it too.