IOM 'M' wagons

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
Much excitement here -a rake of the new Accucraft Isle of Man two-plank wagons are in the post! It will be interesting to see if they become as popular as the 4-wheeler carriages.

Next weekend could well see some goods only workings on the roster! :D :D :D

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Look forward to you delivering 'the goods' - as in pics :happy:

Dtsteam

G Scale, Travel, Steam Boats, Mechanical Music
24 Oct 2009
Preston
Best answers
Country flag
Ooooohhh.... some freight stock at last. Thanks for posting, and I look forward to some piccies as well.

Northsider

3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
Some good weather and a free afternoon gave me the opportunity to run the new M wagons...and take some photos. The wagons have some really fine details -not just the retaining pins for the drop sides, but also the chains to hold the pins! The scale IOM couplings are great, and being scale give authentically close-coupling. The couplings don`t have the same tolerance of uneven track as `traditional` Accucraft choppers, but the close coupling means that the side chains can be linked and still manage sub-4 foot radii! But the wagons proved sure-footed: not a derailment all afternoon, unlike some of my scratchbuilt stock...IMG_0153.JPGIMG_0156.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

Northsider

3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
And one more...IMG_0146.JPG

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Nice piccys. Looks like a great train you have there - and a good line.

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Nice. I like that.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
OK what's going wrong here??

upload_2015-9-25_23-54-51.png

When I click to open the picture.. It appears s a link to me..

Martino

24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Oops, sorry Phil. I hadn't made the media file available to members! Hopefully ok now.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I see pictures!! :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Thanks Paul.

Martino

24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Actually ran the wagon today. No problems at all. Well, there was an issue with the W&L brake van coupling, but there often is! I think the van needs more weight, so that's on the todo list. However, all the safety chains connect and work through all my curves, so that solves the problem.

Like mentioned in another thread, the packaging in which it arrived is a bit of a let down. Seems a bit cheap. However, I don't store my stock in boxes, so if it keeps the overall price down I'm all in favour.

The wagon of course looks far too clean, so the next stage will be to the weathering works!

View media item 306View media item 305View media item 304

Trainman 864

Registered
24 Sep 2015
Best answers
Country flag
..........Like mentioned in another thread, the packaging in which it arrived is a bit of a let down. Seems a bit cheap. ..........

I have a few comments to make on the m-wagons, but I must have missed the thread you mention in your post - I wonder if you have a link to it ?

Thanks

Martino

24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
I have a few comments to make on the m-wagons, but I must have missed the thread you mention in your post - I wonder if you have a link to it ?

Thanks

Hi Trainman,

I can't seem to find the other thread either. From what I remember, I didn't reply to it at the time - as my M hadn't arrived at that time. I've had a look too, but can't find it. I think it was pretty much just a reference to the quality of the packaging!

Trainman 864

Registered
24 Sep 2015
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for looking Martino - I've only just realised, as I was lubing the wheel bearings on my M-wagon that they appear to have been designed for sprung suspension. The axle boxes are a separate item to the w irons and they do in fact slide up and down.

There also appear to be cut outs in the dummy springs to accomodate real springs.

So I was wondering if anybody had installed real suspension on these wagons - and if so how did they do it?