How to connect LGB 17100 to Massoth Switch Decoder 4

Derailed

Registered
12 Nov 2019
Lansing, KS
Best answers
Country flag
Has anyone used LGB 17100 or similar reed contacts to trigger a Massoth Switch Decoder? Particularly the 4 channel model?

The manual says you can connect them. The photo in the manual (page 8) looks like one would have to solder in 3pole PCB screw terminal blocks to do it. If so, anyone know what pitch?

I am not using a Massoth Central Station so I cannot use the Feedback Decoder method.

Loco

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Vestfold
Best answers
Country flag

Derailed

Registered
12 Nov 2019
Lansing, KS
Best answers
Country flag
There is a description in German in the link below. You can translate the page to get the details. Seems to be solder pads inside the unit.

Massoth Schaltdecoder 4K II (8156101)
ok thank you. I have no issues soldering. I guess I will run wires out to a set of terminal blocks on a small breadboard as the one person suggested.
I assume the white EPL wire will come from the transformer to the decoder center lug and the orange wire comes from the 17100 side lug to one of the decoder side lugs?

Derailed

Registered
12 Nov 2019
Lansing, KS
Best answers
Country flag
Nevermind. I found the answer on the ShourtLine website. You do not power the 17100 track contacts, which was what was concerning me. For 17100s you connect the center position to center pad and side position to side pad.