Hello from Leeds, Yorks.

Grahamkh

Registered
5 May 2016
LEEDS. WEST YORKSHIRE
Best answers
I have just purchased my 1st G1 Loco'. I am now in the process of installing raised track in my garden. Totally new to this so will be looking for tips and help. Thanks for excepting me to G Scale Central, from what I have seen so far, looks a great informative site. Regards and best wishes to all. Graham

Reactions: 1 user

merlin

Model (all scales) & 12":1'
17 Jan 2013
Somerset (occasionally in Spain)
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Graham, welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of garden railways. Ask anything, there will be at least one person who will know the answer, more usually you'll get good advice from several people and its not unusual for a bit of light-hearted banter to be generated.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum, Graham!

Jon.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard Graham. Rather than excepting you, we have decided to accept you into our funny club. Congratulations.....:party:

JRinTawa

Member of the Wellington Garden Railway Group
25 Oct 2009
Tawa
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Welcome aboard :)

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Hello..and welcome to the mad house. Any questions just ask.. carnt garrentted a correct answer. . But you will get a answer lol

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Graham, from an ex Leeds lad....

The Tinker

Every day I wake up is a good day
6 Feb 2014
Whangamata New Zealand
Country
New-Zealand
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Graham, all I can say is this hobby can get little addictive. It has many different facets to it from rivet counting to building lots of stuff or just collecting train stuff and a bit of electronics thrown in too. Best thing about this hobby is that the brain is never very idle, even when watching trains running. Here is how I raised my Railway to a good height First running day in Whangamata. Hope you enjoy

Reactions: 1 user

volcano

Ideas bigger that wallet or brain !
2 Feb 2015
Leeds West Yorkshire
Best answers
welcome to the strange world of G scale in Yorkshire, I'm also in leeds any help or advice get in touch - if you want to you can start a private "conversation" using the little square with an arrow in the task bar - this is the best way of contact for phone numbers or address.

David

Timbo

Registered
12 Apr 2016
Philippines
Best answers
Welcome, from the Philippines.
My railway is built upon a raised trackbed, approximately 1m. It is constructed from scrap metal and sheeting. The track is LGB and laid upon coarse gravel as ballast. I have used no track pins and consequently relying upon the ballast to keep track in position. I am using powered track bu I am planning to move to radio control and battery power. The climate here means that the track gets filthy very quickly.
I am new to this also and as previously commented there are so very many areas to keep ones's interest and focus.
E N J O Y ! !