Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum, Willy! :)

Jon.

PS: I just had a quick look at your FB page - did you build your Mallet loco yourself? I'm sure a lot of folks on here (me included) would like to see some more pictures of it, and read something about how it was made?

Dutch willy

Registered
31 Jul 2016
enschede
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Welcome to the forum, Willy! :)

Jon.

PS: I just had a quick look at your FB page - did you build your Mallet loco yourself? I'm sure a lot of folks on here (me included) would like to see some more pictures of it, and read something about how it was made?

Hello John

The mallet is a handmade model .

The idea was to build with LGB parts as a learning object for me , a friend of my in Leipzig germany wanted to help to learn me this skil .
Sending between enschede and leipzig .
But he didn,t like the scale ,he always build with brass and tin ect ..so he decided do to it hiss way .
I get the parts and he build it :)
time to build took about 12 months ,normally faster ,but this was not a must be ready job :)

All the parts are handmade ex the drive and a small bell on top .

The rest of the parts are handmade ,and massoth digital .

Here pictures of the build of the Mallet 99-5907-6 Yvon .

https://www.facebook.com/Mallet-99-...1/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1109803492403935

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the information on the Mallet, Willy - unfortunately Facebook won't let me view the page that your link goes to!
Do you have some pictures of it that you could actually post here on the forum for everyone to see? Not everyone here uses Facebook (I don't unless I have to!) ;)

I hope you enjoy spending time here on the forum, there is always a lot of good information to be had, and most questions you can ask will get answered!

Jon.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Dank je wel Henri

Zerogee Zerogee ,now its visible , the paige was loked on out of order :(.

That's great, it's working now! Thanks, there are a lot of very interesting photos there.....
Is it a "freelance" model or based on a real prototype? I know the Harz 5901, 5902 and 5906 Mallets, but was there ever a real 5907...?

Jon.

Dutch willy

Registered
31 Jul 2016
enschede
www.facebook.com
Best answers
That's great, it's working now! Thanks, there are a lot of very interesting photos there.....
Is it a "freelance" model or based on a real prototype? I know the Harz 5901, 5902 and 5906 Mallets, but was there ever a real 5907...?

Jon.

Well ,its because of the purists .. if it was a existing model ,the could be like this not correct ect ect .
So we decided to make a 5907-6 model .. witch doesn't exist :).
it,s also gives a little bit of space to make things a little bit different .
So now its a one of a kind unique model :)

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Well ,its because of the purists .. if it was a existing model ,the could be like this not correct ect ect .
So we decided to make a 5907-6 model .. witch doesn't exist :).
it,s also gives a little bit of space to make things a little bit different .
So now its a one of a kind unique model :)

I completely understand that! I really like freelance models that have no "real" prototype - it allows people to build just what they want - and, as you say, it stops the purists (the "rivet counters") from telling you where it is not right!
Your 5907 certainly has the right "look and feel" about it, which is the important thing - as long as it looks like a loco that MIGHT have existed, it doesn't matter at all that it really didn't..... :rofl:

I think you will find, on here, that Garden Railway fans and G-scalers are generally a lot more tolerant of people doing it "their own way" than some modellers in other, smaller scales and gauges - most of us here happily apply "Rule Eight" - which is that it's YOUR railway, and you can run what you like, how you like and when you like! ;)

Jon.

Reactions: 1 user

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard, Willy.

Dutch willy

Registered
31 Jul 2016
enschede
www.facebook.com
Best answers
I also like plain and simple ..and low budget ..with means .. i like te re-use materials ore thing i find .
Also simple toy,s for the scenery .
But the rivet counters and the ones who do the real stuff are those who we need to learn from .a specially the old-timers hahaha ..the have a lot of knowledge .
But ..its my track ,i must pay for it ..but tips and trick ore how to do better i always accept .

What rolls i like ..no mather the condition or build :)

I do have 3 loco,s en 4 wagons ,witch are to call mine ,they are not for children to play with
1mallet
2 LGB mallet
And in 2 weeks a aristocraft 4-6-2 for my wife .

The rest is in a cabinet in the hallway .children can come over and take what aver the like ,most of it is toy-train and a lang LCE 7 units.
It,s nice to see how children interact when the are playing with the trains .

For power i use a hand-build 24V 15A separated in 2x 7.5A steering ,ore when needed 3x5A ,also i digital steering a simple Rocomaus 18V 3.2A ,what is more then enough for me :)

3 tracks
1 Outside track for faster trains
2 inside track for others
3 is the upper track witch runs into my small Harzgebirge .

royale

G scale and driving my Royale Sabre kit car
26 Oct 2009
Long Eaton
Best answers
Welcome aboard, Willy.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Willy....

Trainman58

When I grow up I want to be Compo- minus the feret
23 Nov 2013
Auckland,NZ
Country
New-Zealand
Best answers
Country flag
Hi

I,m william ,i from Enschede Holland .
i,m 45 years old ,4 wonderful children and a lovely wife :)

I own a small garden-rail track in my front yard ,where neighborhood children and others can experience G scale .

https://www.facebook.com/Miniland.Enschede/

greetings.

Dutch willy
Hi Willy,
Welcome aboard. Look forward to more of your adventures.

Henrik