Hello from Firestone Colorado

Charles M

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Arvada, Colorado, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Here's a little update to the photo of 491. She is no longer stationary , but running at the Museum for special events.

Attachments

• 491 3.jpg
    491 3.jpg
    766.5 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 1 user

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Here's a little update to the photo of 491. She is no longer stationary , but running at the Museum for special events.

So, how special dose an event have to be to end up in a museum ?

Charles M

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Arvada, Colorado, USA
Best answers
Country flag
They run for the Polar Express event , ( Based on the movie of the same name ) , Fourth of July weekend , and Halloween train .

royale

G scale and driving my Royale Sabre kit car
26 Oct 2009
Long Eaton
Best answers
Welcome aboard, Nick.

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Nick..
Hope you can cope with British humour, and (not knowing my US geography) hoping you are not near Florence? :nod::nod:

Knowing a bit of US geography.... Florence is in the same state (Colorado), even had a railroad with that name (Florence and Cripple Creek).

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I run 'something' nearly every day.. - Though much is on rollers, as I 'fix and fettle'.. :)

This year, I have had track outside for months, and have used that for play testing battery / RC / analogue (batteries bodged in a trailing vehicle)..
Cut the grass on Sunday, and am contemplating dropping the track back down.. There is a slight chance No's 3&4 Grandsons might be passing on Sunday. :):nod::nod:

Reactions: 1 user

papasmurf

Registered
10 Sep 2018
Firestone Co
Best answers
Im hoping to start putting together my layout in the next couple weeks. Im not sure how much I will get done before the snow flies. Id be happy if I had at least one loop down. Id like to be able to run in the winter months whenever possible. Was thinking of making a cover to lay over the track when it snows. Not sure how it will all play out, but im excited to finally start working on it.

papasmurf

Registered
10 Sep 2018
Firestone Co
Best answers
My first box of goodies just showed up!!

Attachments

• intermodal.jpg
    intermodal.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 1