Handy superglue tip

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
YouTube algorithms are really starting to get to know me. Lego D&RGW K-27, what next.......superglue can repair in ways you may not have realised. Well, it's news to me.

Word of caution - As noted in a comment on the first video. What you are looking at involves an exothermic reaction, i.e. heat is involved, quite a bit if you are not careful apparently. Very important to note in the video that the process is repeated to build up the required amount of the final material to minimise the risk of overheating things. I am not a chemist but my father was. Gave me a chemistry set one Christmas,. Just loved experiments involving the potassium permanganate, our home's furnishings didn't.

The why's and how's - How Strong Is Super Glue & Baking Soda?.

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
I had links to these vids come onto my Faceache page. So I must have a similar algorithms to yourself Max!
This idea gives multiple applications.It is a bit like 3D printing for those who are technophobes!
Not sure how waterproof the results are.

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Fascinating. The person in the second video was a bit too well practised at cutting white powder into neat lines, I thought :wondering:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
Fascinating. The person in the second video was a bit too well practised at cutting white powder into neat lines, I thought :wondering:
I understand the video poster was into Gauge 1.........mainlining so to speak.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I understand the video poster was into Gauge 1.........mainlining so to speak.
A couple of our members seem worryingly well versed in the technical terms of illegal stimulant usage.
I've seen these too, but being from an algorithm, I decided it might be a bit dicey

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Looks to be a real possibility for fixing some tricky things. Loved the gear fix but not sure that making cloths pegs in the second vid was a worthwhile thing to do. Another vid linked in the second one used lead from a pencil powdered up and mixed with baking soda to make what appeared to be a stronger dollop of whatever. I wonder if that would conduct electricity? If so would be a good possibility for bearings having some wire bonded in to give pickups on split axle wheels.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Looks to be a real possibility for fixing some tricky things. Loved the gear fix but not sure that making cloths pegs in the second vid was a worthwhile thing to do. Another vid linked in the second one used lead from a pencil powdered up and mixed with baking soda to make what appeared to be a stronger dollop of whatever. I wonder if that would conduct electricity? If so would be a good possibility for bearings having some wire bonded in to give pickups on split axle wheels.
Add some metal filing, that might make a more positive connection. :mask: :mask: :mask: :mask:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag