Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
The heatwave has broken, so it's safe to work outside on a beautiful day. My chief intent was rattle-canning, but I did bring up the gravel loader to see how it looks.

20210814_115355.jpg
I rather like the colours in the landscape. The site will enjoy shade most of the day as the nearby bush has spread mightily; in fact, I had to prune some branches to clear air space for the building.

20210814_115535.jpg
I need to cut aluminum flashing for a weather-resistant roof and build a conveyor to bring gravel from the quarry out of scene (theoretically in the neighbours' backyard). It will pass over the main line behind the loader.

20210814_132232.jpg
And here is the yard crane in its camo green. I shall brush paint the counterweight in concrete grey, give it all a clear coat and assemble it next week (fingers crossed).

20210814_115446.jpg
A gratuitous view of the station dozing in the sun. The brick is holding low-voltage cords off the ground until I get around :wondering: to deciding where I want to place a power distribution point ... and what I want to power. It has been several years :blush:. The track power line is attached to the rails near that acorn-shaped gnome dwelling.

Last edited: