Country flag
very nice!

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
That looks really good Kim. I've got a set of fire engines that would look the business with that. American fire departments tend to have a very similar standard set of appliances.

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
That actually looks better than the ones I've got mate. They're the AMT kits. If I've got 10 mins sometime I'll take some photos.

The normal allocation for a station would be;

The pump - also known as the engine - (which you've got)
The aerial ladder (known as the truck) usually with a 100' ladder and
A squad car for the battalion chief - usually something like a Ford Ranger 4x4 (similar to a Landy Disco) these days.

This is the standard set-up which would suit your station. You could also add an extra special appliance such as a Rescue Truck, a Haz Mats Unit or maybe a 4x4 Pump for rural areas, but I don't know if you'd have room once you get the engine, ladder and battalion in.

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Quick opportunity to take a (dodgy) pic of a typical line up for a US fire station.

Battalion (would usually be the same colour scheme as the engine and ladder)
Engine
Ladder truck.

To match the sort of age of your engine Kim, you could go with a car or estate car (shooting brake) from the period for the battalion chief.

Taking me anorak off now :( :clap: .

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
yb281 - 8/12/2009 2:32 PM

Quick opportunity to take a (dodgy) pic of a typical line up for a US fire station.

Battalion (would usually be the same colour scheme as the engine and ladder)
Engine
Ladder truck.

To match the sort of age of your engine Kim, you could go with a car or estate car (shooting brake) from the period for the battalion chief.

Taking me anorak off now :( :clap: .

Might help if I included the photo :yawn: .

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
kimbrit - 8/12/2009 3:03 PM

I like those Mel, end of steam/start of diesel era? I've got me eye out for a squad car and I have spotted an ambulance, I'm waiting for the delivery of a police car and an old 30's ford and I'll probably order the ambulance once they have arrived safely. One good thing about being on the sick, I can accept delivery of parcels and have them safely in the railway room whilst the house manager is out working. ;)
Kim

Yes Kim, late 60's- early 70's (at least the engine and truck). Sounds as if you've got things pretty much sewn up. Perhaps an aerial ladder/truck would make up the set?

Dunno if any of you gents are interested, but I've just dug this fire engine out of the stuff I've got for sale from Cyprus - Anybody want to make me an offer?