F7 in G-scale 45mm

AndyG1955

Registered
28 Dec 2021
Hunter Valley NSW Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Hi All, I've been busy.

Have done designs for an F7-A unit (close enough) with full mechanism.. also a F7-B unit and several coach designs with interiors (semi-fictional)

Enough to make a full Super Chief if you have the printing time ;-).

I think it might be possible scaled and adapted to 32mm track, but you would have to think about the bearings used in the mechanism.

Couple of other things in the works too, Such as a MoPac Eaglette, A Turbo Train, mechanism for G-scale Thomas (Motorisation of Thomas by Andy_G1955), as well as Percy and Toby

Attachments

• F7-A.JPG
    F7-A.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 0

Djjerme

Registered
11 Jul 2021
Oregon
Best answers
Country flag
OK, this is amazing!

I saw your Overland model before and have it in my "to be printed" que, but this is one that has been on my bucket list. Mainly, I have wanted to model the consist from Runaway Train (great movie if you haven't seen it) and the covered wagon was always the biggest hurdle in large scale. It'll take a bit to make it match the Alaska Railroad unit used in the movie, but this is a perfect start...

AndyG1955

Registered
28 Dec 2021
Hunter Valley NSW Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks. Lots of work and almost certainly lots of minor juggling needed as I built it.

All printed now, I will look to put it together next week, so there will almost certainly be minor changes needed to files. Still waiting for the motors to arrive.

I think I will tap some holes from under the chassis so that the body is removable.. I didn't think enough about that aspect, maybe consider that as you play with the files.

Wish I could get "clear" filament to print "clear" for the windows, I may just use some clear plastic behind the windows instead.

cheers and good luck :)

AG