El cheapo point rodding

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
After dusting off a reel of galvanised fencing wire bought ages ago, I've been experimenting with using it for a quick and easy way of controlling some of my points at a distance ....
IMG_1894.JPGIMG_1897.JPG

I've now used it for a couple of hard to reach points outside and for the points in my storage sidings. Seems to work OK

Rik

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
After dusting off a reel of galvanised fencing wire bought ages ago, I've been experimenting with using it for a quick and easy way of controlling some of my points at a distance ....
View attachment 285959View attachment 285960

I've now used it for a couple of hard to reach points outside and for the points in my storage sidings. Seems to work OK

Rik
Crude but effective.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Rik, looking at the second rodding, running parallel to the point I was unsure how it was going to work, but all is revealed on your blog, it is a "twist crank"

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Rik, looking at the second rodding, running parallel to the point I was unsure how it was going to work, but all is revealed on your blog, it is a "twist crank"
I wondered w hat it was called. I just think of it as a quick way of avoiding bell cranks ....

Rik