East Anglian 16mm Local Group Members stock stolen

Enginehouse

Amateur Radio, 16mm/G scale railways
24 Oct 2009
Peterborough
Best answers
On Saturday a large amount of stock was stolen from a members garden shed. On Sunday the "gear" was being sold at a local boot sale. Another member of the local group purchased an item off the stall without realising it was stolen from another group member. The matter only came to light when he was telling others of his good fortune at acquiring such a bargain. Unfortunately this was after the boot sale was over and so the scroats have not been apprehended.

As these likely lads have done so well in this case it's highly likely that they will want to repeat the exercise. Time to maybe check security arrangements and insurance cover.

There is a pretty long list of the items stolen, but there seems little real point in publishing it as the items have already moved on.

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
Jeez they had some large stones flogging it at a local boot sale easy enough to come across someone who knows the items. the buyer must have a good description and car make? if there that bold they may be back at the next sale! worth a visit with the Bobbys or a large cricket bat/Baseball bat...............................................................

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I think it would be useful to have a list..
Some of it may travel quite a distance quite quickly..

Enginehouse

24 Oct 2009
Peterborough
Best answers
Immediately I was made aware of the theft I posted in Garden Railway Forum and GSC with the initial posting. Then I telephoned the local East Anglia group secretary providing him with details of the main G/R forums who have specific facilities to publish details and lists of stolen goods.

Now there is an old saying concerning horses and water. While I do have a four page PDF list of the items stolen it would need retyping to list it all. It would also need the permission of the originator to publish it. As our local (Peterborough) group secretary has a fixation on privacy, most members have no idea of the location or mailing address of Steve Smith the victim (I was told to look it up on the full membership DVD - lord only knows where that is)

Happy to send the list out to anyone for circulation. These guys need to be caught.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
We do not need to know the 'who' and 'where' (other than perhaps general area) - Though commiserations to the victim!
However, we are not able to look for that which we do not know has been stolen!

If a 'pdf', can you not copy and paste from the pdf-file to a posting on a forum?

PhilP.

Enginehouse

24 Oct 2009
Peterborough
Best answers
Not easy to copy and paste from a multi page PDF to the forum using a mobile phone. &o

400Parker

Registered
18 Nov 2013
Best answers
Country flag
Here's the list sent to me by Roy.
9fb80f2823c64acc80f85ff3c9d37d88.jpg

bfcc669d06ef4046bfdc2cfa52a21f7e.jpg

7e3bd7a487b24353b25110ac324a7e6b.jpg

Enginehouse

24 Oct 2009
Peterborough
Best answers
Thanks Steve.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Shocking!

I'll ask the Chairman of my local MRC to make an announcement, and get him to notify other clubs in Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridge....