Decisions decisions..............

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Take a look on Youtube for the new 16mm scale Talyllyn from Accucraft AND Bowande!!! Talk about having to make a serious decision for the Autumn season and beyond! Both are just drop-dead gorgeous and duplicate the rather odd-looking [to some, that is] thrown-together-because-we-don't-really-know-what-we-are-doing' at the moment appearance of the real thing, but both models have their plus points.

I'm not going to make any snap judgement about which one will end up chez tac - just offer my congratulation to Mr G Langer of Accucraft UK and Bowande UK for the production of THE No.1 locomotive of ALL the Welsh narrow gauge lines.

The large following of this iconic railway is well catered-for with many rolling stock models, buildings and accessories, and I'm certain that we are going to see even more examples of skillful and fascinating modelling in the future.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Wot - no pictures or links.

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Alopogies -

#1 - The Bowande version -

#2 - The Accucraft version -

The order of appearance in no way represents my opinion on either model, and so, to make the point, here they are the other way around...

#1. The Accucraft UK version -

#2 - The Bowande version -

Either of them is a stunning model in its own right, and would be more than welcome on my little track in either Furness Red or Deep Bronze green, but not black.