D&RGW 3’ gauge bumpers or buffer stops

rusty spike

Registered
4 Aug 2019
UK
Best answers
Country flag
I have searched the web for a decent photo or drawing of a bumper / buffer stop on the D&RGW narrow gauge line but without success. if anyone has a photo/diagram please could you post it on here as I am hoping to add a couple to some sidings.
Many thanks,
Richard

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi
The D&RGW tended to use a few different designs.
In yards they could be just a slanted cross of ties planted in the ground between two normal ties.
Some were just metal girders fashioned with a rectangular plate to 'stop' the train!
The RGS used a tie chained across the tracks...
Here is a vid of a very scenic layout showing a couple of the types..

rusty spike

Registered
4 Aug 2019
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi
In yards they could be just a slanted cross of ties planted in the ground between two normal ties.
Some were just metal girders fashioned with a rectangular plate to 'stop' the train!
Hi
Thanks for the info:)
That is a most inspirational layout. It seems more unusual to find a fully scenic layout in the larger scale, probably due to space limitations. I struggled in 0 gauge to get little more than a scenic shunting plank in the garage!