Cogges Railway Realignment and Doubling - Progress Thread...

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
OK I thought I would share progress of days 1 & 2. This has been working on the out of view section that passes through the garage and behind the shed.

So far:

[UL][*]Lifted track from entire section and removed old timber[*]Laid concrete into the "missing" areas behind the shed[*]Opened Tunnel entrance to garage as much as possible. Any further and I'm approaching the corner of the garage. I toyed with taking out a corner of the shed- but its a fully insulated office so deciced against[*]Squeezed the double track through the tunnel and round shed corner with R5 s curves. (inch+ cleareance between White Pass Diesel and Bachmann Box cars) tightest place on whole layout.[*]So far track bent and affixed with plugs and brass screws[*]Laid R5 foundations to begin route across lawn[*]Got a sore back and a ligth wallet [/UL] Please stick with this thread. I'm enjoying myself but knowing not a soul who is interested apart from on GSC I keep wondering if I am mad doing this!!

Before and after so far pics attached - if one of the mods could embed that would be great- can't figure it out.