Cliff Barker multi channel radio control handset

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Anyone who has tried the Cliff Barker battery RC system will know that one of the downsides is that you either need a handset for each receiver, or you programme a number of receivers to each handset, but then can only operate one train at a time (normally). Thanks to Bram, we've found out that Cliff has actually made a multi channel handset that can operate up to 8 trains simultaneously.

Each receiver is programmed to one of the 8 channels in the handset (using the "learn new transmitter" facility which users will be familiar with). When this number is selected with a thumbwheel on the handset, the controls can be used in exactly the same way as a standard TX.

fea530c0602146aeb8a09d825bdd8859.jpg

So for instance, train No.1 could be set off from a station and on to run around the line. Train No.2 could then be selected and maybe indulge in a little shunting. With this complete, train No.3 could be selected to back it's train into a station. Train No.1 can then be re-selected and controlled back into the station having been running around the line while No.2 & 3 were being controlled ........... you get the idea?

One suggestion that has been made is that an "emergency stop all trains" sort of panic button could be incorporated. Cliff likes this idea and is investigating possibilities. Please contact Cliff to show expressions of interest.

I've already ordered mine. :D

steinz

Registered
8 Nov 2009
Best answers
Thanks for update Mel - that appears to be a useful additional facility
Emergency stop whould also be useful IMO

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
That's good news! And I for one think stop all trains would work well here!

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
That to me, sounds awfully like multi-tasking. :banghead::banghead: Aren't we blokes supposed to no use at that?:thinking::thinking::thinking:

:rofl:

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Glad you like it chaps. If you do want one, emailing Cliff with an expression of interest will help to move things on. :clap:

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
yb281 said:
Glad you like it chaps. If you do want one, emailing Cliff with an expression of interest will help to move things on. :clap:
Any indication of likely price, Mel? Would it be cheaper than the Timpdon equivalent for example?

Rik

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
ge_rik said:
yb281 said:
Any indication of likely price, Mel? Would it be cheaper than the Timpdon equivalent for example?

Rik
You'd need to ask Cliff about that Rik.

Ian Powell

Registered
24 Oct 2009
East Bedfont, Middlesex
www.freewebs.com
Best answers
Country flag
Sounds like a nice bit of kit. I am due to speak to Cliff about another subject. A few weeks ago I sounded the forum out about a suitable R/C for USA Trains big diesel. Chris M did some figures and I passed them onto Cliff who said he was looking into building a bigger receiver dealing a bigger amperage. He said give a week or so and he would have some info.
Proves once again how useful this forum can be solving problems.

Bram

Playing trains, Ballroom Dancing, Good Food & Wine
24 Oct 2009
Knowle
Best answers
Country flag
I have put an order in for mine:D:D:D