Can anyone recommend a good divorce lawyer?

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
I have spent many, many hours slaving over a couple of Model T Ford kits to be used a a wagon load
This morning I completed the second model after taking all morning to fit just 3 parts forming a very flimsy canopy.
I then went to select a suitable wagon.
On my return I was met by my wife with the words “You are not going to be very happy.”
Many a true word….in my 5 minute absence she had managed to knock my heavy floor standing light/magnifier directly onto the drying model.
Result - 2 wheels off, 1 tyre dislodged, windsceen loose, one pane of glass disappeared beyond trace, incredibly fiddly canopy and brackets crushed and in pieces, lamp broken off.
It could make a scrap yard look untidy.
I think I am in the market for a later model and I don’t mean a Model Y Ford.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I have spent many, many hours slaving over a couple of Model T Ford kits to be used a a wagon load
This morning I completed the second model after taking all morning to fit just 3 parts forming a very flimsy canopy.
On my return I was met by my wife with the words “You are not going to be very happy.”
Many a true word….in my 5 minute absence she had managed to knock my heavy floor standing light/magnifier directly onto the drying model.
Result - 2 wheels off, 1 tyre dislodged, windsceen loose, one pane of glass disappeared beyond trace, incredibly fiddly canopy and brackets crushed and in pieces, lamp broken off.
Yeah, I built one, but they're overly complex (probably to make you think you've got value for money) and not very robust.

To be honest, she didn't really need to use the reading lamp - if she'd have tried to blow some dust off it, a few parts would have fallen off :confused::confused:

Reactions: 1 users

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Ooops. I sympathise. At least when SWMBO crushed a platform lamp last year, it was just expedient quietly to order a replacement. I suppose you can file it away for Brownie Points the next time you need some.

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Result - 2 wheels off, 1 tyre dislodged, windscreen loose, one pane of glass disappeared beyond trace, incredibly fiddly canopy and brackets crushed and in pieces, lamp broken off.
Waddaya expect? It's a Ford. >:)
You now have an excellent wagon-load of scrap. Kudos to wife for providing it. ;)
(Seriously, I generally manage these disasters for myself without help :oops:)

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Get real.
for the price of a divorce you could replace and enhance, i assume, every toy you own.

otoh, i too have suffered the slings and arrows of a clumsy spouse.

KeithT

24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah, I built one, but they're overly complex (probably to make you think you've got value for money) and not very robust.

To be honest, she didn't really need to use the reading lamp - if she'd have tried to blow some dust off it, a few parts would have fallen off :confused::confused:
That is so true. :(

KeithT

24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Ooops. I sympathise. At least when SWMBO crushed a platform lamp last year, it was just expedient quietly to order a replacement. I suppose you can file it away for Brownie Points the next time you need some.
I am too far in arrears to count those.:envy::envy:

craigwrdouglas2

Registered
29 Jun 2021
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
My suggestion would be to give the current wife another chance and use the cash you save on lawyers to buy a RhB Allegra or a metal croc.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
My suggestion would be to give the current wife another chance and use the cash you save on lawyers to buy a RhB Allegra or a metal croc.
With the amount of cash saved, I assume you mean a 1:1 RhB Allegra or Croc

justme igor

Registered
17 Apr 2020
Netherlands Westwoud
Country
Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Lucky that me and my wife have a solid agreement...she does not enter my hobby shed or hobby room and I won't touch her gaming stuff, so we can still read a book together..

KeithT

24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Lucky that me and my wife have a solid agreement...she does not enter my hobby shed or hobby room and I won't touch her gaming stuff, so we can still read a book together..
We share opposite ends of the same table. It is quite large seating a dozen but clearly, I need a Putinesqe one for safety. :-0

KeithT

24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Back more or less in one piece in time for the NW GScale meet in Altrincham today except, I realised too late that the horn is missing from the rear one.CE6CF13A-31F9-4192-954D-5D880D23D833.jpeg7BC06B5C-6B3E-441E-88C8-868EEB3C5027.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love

Technocrat

Mostly Retired?
18 Feb 2022
De Graff Kansas
Best answers
Country flag

Spouse or Model "T"? :)
Both are overly complex and easily rumpled. :oops: