British Diesels

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Hello, I know it wouldn't be the right scale to my narrow gauge collection, but do UK diesels exisit for 45mm? Even if they are I doubt they'd go round my r1 curve...

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
:D if you squint, its a warship...

Netty

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Leyland, Lancashire
Best answers
There was a prototype 37 knocking around from Bachmann I think, though there has been no news for a year or two, pity really I would have had 308 of them! They were talking of an 08 too. Someone off Gsm made a class 25 that was looking fantasic last time I saw it. I did consider trying to bash one of the "Big Trians" o guage hymeks to fit 45 mm but lazyness got in the way.

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
Theres the calss 66 by Aristocraft of course but R3 is the minumum for that I'm afraid

Also check out www.tower-models .com go to the G 1 section re the Bachmann /Tower models Classes 03 & 04 in G1 they will run on LGB type track but prefer G1 Finerscale track (they are a bit unhappy on LGB Type points due to their coMy Rear Endr standards.)

Theres also plenty of UK outline STEAM G 1 locos as well!!

jaxon

beer,Gscale,beer,16mm live steam and electric,beer
24 Oct 2009
southport
Best answers
If you Look at this thread someone has done a great job of converting what looks like a piko http://www.gscalecentral.co.uk/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=358&posts=30&start=1

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Yeh that is a really nice job!!!

Gareth

Railways,Transport, Wildlife ,History
28 Oct 2009
N West Wales
Best answers
Country flag
I,ve Built a class 57 and it goes round radius 1 curves had photos and bideo on G scalemad

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Wilts Drifting toward the RhB,plate tectonics rock
Best answers
Country flag
Go to <a href="http://www.wagonandcarriage.co.uk/">http://www.wagonandcarriage.co.uk/</a> in their own kits section, look in the Locomotives section and you'll find the ex-RJH range of etched brass kits for modern UK diesels. They are basically enlarged versions of the O gauge kits with new cast metal parts. They need wheels and motors so you could build your own G scale friendly mechanisims using modified USA or Aristo blocks. <p><font face="Arial" color="#990000" size="4" /></p><p><font face="Arial" color="#990000" size="4" /></p>

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
The other place to look is Worsley Works. They have a policy that once an etch has been produced, they can reproduce it in any scale, but I've not looked through to see what UK diesels they have in their range.

most of their stuff is 'scratch aid' - so the etches are mainly simple body etches, and you put the gubbins in to suit yourself :D

Dave Hub

everyting
26 Oct 2009
west mids
Best answers
tac - 9/11/2009 12:45 PM

Sadly, apart from the almost 10mm scale Class 66, there are NO ready to run British outline diesels.....and I have learned recentlyon the vipe-grane that all production of THAT particular model is to terminate pretty soon.

So unless you are a dab hand at self-build and not poor, Gauge 1 kits of some sort are still the only way to go until Tower brass et all come up with more.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

If of course you are poor or tight like me and have a healthy imagination you can always bodge up some uk diesels. I'd like to see a piko 218 in 2 tone BR green personnaly.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rich

Railways from model to 1:1.</br>T.V. - comedy, Doc
24 Oct 2009
Leicestershire
Best answers
Wasn't Accucraft UK going to be doing some standard gauge stuff, think there was a 20, a gronk and a HST? Haven't heard much about them though so they may have been pulled? :thinking:

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Dave they are brilliant... I have an LGB park shunter maybe I should try myself!

Rich

Railways from model to 1:1.</br>T.V. - comedy, Doc
24 Oct 2009
Leicestershire
Best answers
tac - 10/11/2009 12:06 AM

Rich - 9/11/2009 8:22 PM

Wasn't Accucraft UK going to be doing some standard gauge stuff, think there was a 20, a gronk and a HST? Haven't heard much about them though so they may have been pulled? :thinking:

All Gauge 1 projects by AccuCraft UK have been shelved, according to the MD, Mr P. :(

tac
www.ovgrs.org

I had a feeling they might have been. Shame I thought the Terrier they had planned would be a nice little model.

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
I was looking forward to the Terrier :(

Dave Hub

everyting
26 Oct 2009
west mids
Best answers
My hope of a gscale 37 goes with accucraft pulling out. Do you think a couple of alco FA back to back could look british with a paint job?

Gareth

Railways,Transport, Wildlife ,History
28 Oct 2009
N West Wales
Best answers
Country flag
Heres one I did earlier ! see other topic