Brill 21e trucks for LGB/OcCre/Bachmann trams

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Country flag
Some time back in the forum was a thread about someone in I think Switzerland with G viaducts much like those in the picture, laboriously made using expanded polystyrene sheet to create moulds for concrete.
If you can make them robust enough, they are far more pleasing on the eye then the normal raised lines ( no offence intended, whatsoever). Problem is how to making the robust and having the patience to make them

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Country flag
If you can make them robust enough, they are far more pleasing on the eye then the normal raised lines ( no offence intended, whatsoever). Problem is how to making the robust and having the patience to make them
Well post 1 on this thread shows one we built earlier, a slightly more robust method than the one I mentioned in Switzerland. Robustness of the finished concrete can be obtained with metal inside much like rebar in full sized concrete structures, I favor scrap ally. Old TV aerials, even old metal bedsteds cut up almost anything that may be chucked out can be used. I think on one of my concrete viaducts I even used scrap plumbing pipe and plastic guttering. So long as it is buried inside the concrete to not be seen it will all do a good job.

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Country flag
Unfortunately no. The assembled bogies were done by GHB a couple of decades ago now, and its been a log time since NSWL was interested in supplying 45mm Magic Carpet drives
Fosworks in the UK makes a similar drive. https://fosworks.co.uk/products

rs=w:720,h:540,cg:true

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Country flag
Fosworks in the UK makes a similar drive. https://fosworks.co.uk/products

rs=w:720,h:540,cg:true
I've started using a couple of Fosworks traction motors, the only down side for me is the gear reduction, a multi reduction gearbox would be my preference.
The other thing I'm not sold on with their arrangement is that they make their own axles which are a larger diameter than that used by any other manufacturers, the ones I'm aware of anyhow.

I am not suggesting their is anything wrong with them, I personally would prefer a multi reduction gearbox and a standard axle size in case I decide to change the wheels from the size or type fitted.

David

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Country flag
they make their own axles which are a larger diameter than that used by any other manufacturers,
I think they have a model that takes your wheels, so presumably they fit your wheels on their axles.