Beaver Creek in the Sun

LCR Controller

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Wokingham, Berkshire
Best answers
Wow - now that is a layout to aspire to.

Fantastic!

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Hi Mike
I don't think the link worked for the DVD on privite message so will try and leave it here for you . Would say its one of the best Rio Grande DVD i have .Sorry can't get link on here if you go on e bay and put in Rio grande under DVD it should come up buy now £8.95

Regards Richie

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Richie
I bought the first one that you brought to my attention. £8.95 is a little cheaper though!

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
kimbrit - 19/11/2009 1:05 PM

Nice one Mike, glad those pics didn't get lost along the way. Want to sell that enclosed vestibule combine by any chance or trade some stell box cars or shall I stop asking!! :D
Cheers,
Kim

Hi
He he ..nice try Kim. The 3083 combine is now like hens' teeth so I will probably hold on to it for now. It goes nice in the rake. There is one for sale over in the states for $129 + P&P + import charges etc on fleabay.

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
beavercreek - 25/11/2009 7:26 PM

Hi Richie
I bought the first one that you brought to my attention. £8.95 is a little cheaper though!
Hi Mike
Have watched mine several times already watched it with the narration and without :clap: Great sound of the locos just love that hanging bridge in the Royal Gorge never seen anything like it . Hope to get some trains running before Xmas and give those AMS freight cars a outing round Rockery Ridge . Have you run much lately or has the weather stopped you from running .

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Richie - 25/11/2009 10:40 PM

Hi Mike
Have watched mine several times already watched it with the narration and without :clap: Great sound of the locos just love that hanging bridge in the Royal Gorge never seen anything like it . Hope to get some trains running before Xmas and give those AMS freight cars a outing round Rockery Ridge . Have you run much lately or has the weather stopped you from running .

Hi Richie

Sadly I have not run much for a few weeks now. The storms have caused a little wreckage to the detailing on the layout and although I have cleaned off the leaves five times already, there still are some stacking up again!
I hope to sort the layout this weekend and take in the bits and bobs that need to be stored for winter. I try to leave enough detailing out so that any running in the winter can still have a little 'atmosphere'. Some of the wood-built buildings have 'covers' to shield them from the wet but most just 'take-on' the elements. The people also stay out as do most of the vehicles (they get sprayed underneath with 'aircraft' quality stuff, a bit like WD40 on steroids...I also do the axles, screws, couplers etc of any rolling stock that stays outside as well).

I watched SPV's DVD 'Rio Grande Zephyr' again last night...really good shots and well put together.

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
We had a little bit of snow over the last couple of days and it is about 15cms deep (6 inches in old money). I had got , the rotary snow plough, the wedge plough, the flanger, three locos all ready when the snow began the first evening. I was so looking forward to have a go at the snow but..... it snowed....it snowed and it snowed. By late that night every thing was well an truly covered...too deep for the rotary, too deep for the wedge, too deep for the flanger.
It had soon covered everything so deep it was hard to see where track began and building finished...
this was taken at 7.00pm first evening

71d497715703444e97136326337c12ac.jpg

The only bit left uncovered was at Arbour summit but I have posted more photos on a new thread 'Beaver creek in the snow'