Argyll hauls IOM

Chris Bird

Steam,gardening, photography
14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers
Hi all
Another brief video - this time showing a Roundhouse Argyll hauling the IOM coaches with a few wagons on too. A beautiful Spring day made all the difference!

It is on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RduFXdn6fBg < Link To http://www.youtube.com/wa...bsp; and on the website news page.

And no I haven't sorted those "Pairs" couplings yet John .....but I will!
Cheers
Chris

Chris Bird

14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers
Something seems to have happened to the link. Here it is again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RduFXdn6fBg Cheers Chris

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
My Oh My what a wonderful little video!!...............

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
What a great video. Definitely must get a summerland chuffer for my Caradoc.

As for the Argyll, lovely loco - want one.

Chris Bird

14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers
Thanks for the kind words guys. I just love the Argyll too Gareth - and it goes very nicely with the IOM stock.
Cheers
Chris

Clive Elesmore

Registered
17 Dec 2009
Guernsey, Channel Islands
Best answers
Great video. Are those the IOM pairs coaches - I look forward to getting a pair from John at Trackshack shortly? Why do I ask? Well I have 4 of the 4 wheeler coaches, like yours but I am cursious that there are no roof ventilators on the "pairs bogie coaches" is this prototypical or am I going to screw some in when I get mine?

Just curious (some say bl***y strange)

Clive

Chris Bird

14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers
Hi Clive
Yes they are the Accucraft "Pairs" and at the time the originals were made up from the old four wheelers, the railway had already converted to electric lighting - so there were no lamp ventilators. I gather there was some cable trunking - but there are others here with far more knowledge than me.
My reference to couplings in the original post is because they are a loooong way apart with the couplings as supplied. Also I need to take an angle grinder to my station platform to clear those steps!
They are superb models though and I am sure you will be well pleased.
Cheers
Chris

Dtsteam

G Scale, Travel, Steam Boats, Mechanical Music
24 Oct 2009
Preston
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Chris,
are you going to try body mounted couplers or try and shorten the drawbar ?

Chris Bird

14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers
Hi David - I think I am going to convert the end of the drawbar into link and pin - the reason being that the drawbar helps with the railing (and re-railing) process. Those steps get in the way of fingers - especially for 32mm gauge. My problem is too many other jobs to do at the moment...........
Cheers
Chris

Sea Lion

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Isle of Man
Best answers
A lovely combination there Chris.

I've got a chuff pipe on my Lady Anne now, sounds superb. Again running a Roundhouse loco with 3 foot gauge stock everything all of a sudden starts to feel just right. Perhaps when Mr Sheard was short of locos for the IMR he should have contacted Roundhouse or Accucraft!

Happy steamings,

John