Anyone has experience with Thiel turnouts/switches?

jose07

Modell trains -N scale, G scale- DCC Massoth
Hello everybody,

I have found recently a track maker named Thiel, they have rail tracks in brass, code 333, compatible with LGB, with curved switches. I was wondering if any of you have any experience with them.

regards
Jose

Links:
http://www.thiel-gleis.de/html/star...ategory_id=31&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=41 < Link To http://fgb-berlin.de/inde...rtuemart&Itemid=41
 
my whole layout is THIEL.

U can take a look at it on the site on the link below "images"-section.
I have more of the pics here on my computer.

f067a03ce55045abb24d29551cbb6cf1.jpg
 
Thank you Coyote97,
I will buy some curved switches, that can simplify the layout.
Regards
Jose

PD: good web page with interesting bridgess hhhmmm . .
 
thank u for your kind words.

I know THIEL stuff just as very fine made and out of doubt definitetly worth money, even though its a bit mor expensive than the LGB stuff.

But it begins with the simple switches having straight branchrails from the frog and ends on the curved switches NOT working with a straight rail and two same diameters, or having two different exactly matching diameters like prototypical.

I have a 3000mm/2000mm switch in my layout and must say its the best one i have:

bb18f148537643edb88ec73b9158643d.jpg




Greetings


Frank
 
thank u for your kind words.

I know THIEL stuff just as very fine made and out of doubt definitetly worth money, even though its a bit mor expensive than the LGB stuff.

But it begins with the simple switches having straight branchrails from the frog and ends on the curved switches NOT working with a straight rail and two same diameters, or having two different exactly matching diameters like prototypical.

I have a 3000mm/2000mm switch in my layout and must say its the best one i have:

bb18f148537643edb88ec73b9158643d.jpg




Greetings


Frank
Hi there, do you have the nickel plated track? Keen to know more about it and the cleaning of it, looking at their website it looks like there are no plasctisrail parts in the points so that means better connectivity over the frogs?
 
Back
Top Bottom