Another one heading down the Live Steam rabbit hole. Greetings from Calgary, Alberta Canada.

STEAMDONKEY

Registered
19 Apr 2022
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Hello folks,
Just a newbie starting out down this slippery path of G scale live steam.
Found an Aristocraft Live Steam Mikado locally in used/rough shape and going to try to get her steaming again.
Will need help with a few missing parts (boiler fill cap/port) and such, but am excited about the project.
I know how to use the search functions so that's a start!

Cheers,
Russ.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hello folks,
Just a newbie starting out down this slippery path of G scale live steam.
Found an Aristocraft Live Steam Mikado locally in used/rough shape and going to try to get her steaming again.
Will need help with a few missing parts (boiler fill cap/port) and such, but am excited about the project.

Cheers,
Russ.
Good luck with you loco Russ, let us know how you get on and a pic or two would be nice.

Reactions: 1 user

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Russ welcome to the forum, a wealth on knowledge here, and in the archives. Please be aware (wary) of the humour, it can de dire at time, and as Jon has mentioned photos, we love photos :)

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum, Russ. If this is your first steamer, I strongly recommend joining, or contacting, a local club and/or 16mm Association. It's good fun, but can be a bit of a learning curve.

Reactions: 1 user

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
Russ, I can recommend another search function - google site specific search, e.g. "site:gscalecentral.net aristo live steam". While the individual site searches are better than they used to be, I still find a general google search will find better answers.

Over on Mylargescale.com you will find Jerry Barnes, who has tweaked and improved his live steam Mikado over the years.
Google "site:mylargescale.com barnes aristocraft mikado" and you'll get a lot of info.