Accucraft union cones (gas line, tank to gas jet) sizes and suppliers please!

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Does anyone know? The system by which union cones are measured is a mystery to me. I'd like them by Saturday preferably for a running day planned on Sunday so any help would be much appreciated! I need to repair the damage done to my dissertation.

Alternatively, if anyone has a pair they could pop in the post in exchange for a pint of beer, it'd be very welcome...

Cheers folks!

Midwalesstokie

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Wales
Best answers
Iam Pearce is in China Matt, I know 'cos I'm waiting for a water sight glass fort my Countess. You could try Mike at chuffed 2 bits, he's very helpful when it comes to little things like this. http://www.chuffed2bits.com/

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
I've already tried Ian (via John at Track- Shack, who has been extremely helpful).

I shall try chuffed 2 bits though- ta for the heads- up James!

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Not seen that before Rosco- looks a handy source. I've sent off an email to chuffed2bits so we'll see what happens.

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Sorted thanks to chuffed2bits- ta for the suggestion James, and a big thanks to Mike @ chuffed2bits who went out of his way to be helpful- definitely a recommended supplier!

A

Alec K

Hello, Matt

I'd like to wish you all the very best with your soon-to-be-submitted dissertation. Our two children completed their own successfully in recent years and I'm no stranger to the process from both sides personally.

It seems there's always something that needs finessing or some missing piece of evidence! I'm sure you'll do extremely well - good luck!

Kind regards

Alec

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Oops, I've just re- read my first post- I meant repair the damage done to the engine during the dissertation, not to the dissertation itself... That actually was handed in a while ago, but thankyou for the good wishes. Think it went OK, playing the waiting game now.

taperpin

Registered
12 Dec 2009
Best answers
Matt,
Accucraft pipe size is 3mm the union nuts are 5mm by 0.5mm pitch thread.

Gordon.

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Thanks Gordon! All sorted now, but doubtless will be handy for future reference... I'm good at breaking things!

Mr ACME

Registered
2 Jan 2010
www.acmesteam.co.uk
Best answers
MRail said:
You could try Accucraft UK - very good at popping small items in the post.

Hello Rob

Just to remind you that as an Accuraft service agent I stock these. Remember these are what we talked about when you wanted a replacement pipe making.

Best

Mike Ousby

MRail

16mm etc - Live steam, battery & trams
26 Oct 2009
Merseyside, U.K.
youtube.com.user.MadogMersey
Best answers
Country flag
OK Mike, understood...

Only I haven't got my pipe.

Do you stock the under floor drain fitting?
With one of those and a boiler banjo fitting, I could probably add my own pipe, bent to suit.

Rob

Mr ACME

Registered
2 Jan 2010
www.acmesteam.co.uk
Best answers
MRail said:
OK Mike, understood...

Only I haven't got my pipe.

Do you stock the under floor drain fitting?
With one of those and a boiler banjo fitting, I could probably add my own pipe, bent to suit.

Rob

Hello Rob

Give me the details of the pipe you want, length and end type.

Under floor drain is not an ex stock item, but have to be made by me.

If you can be specific about what you want and provide me with domensions I can make it.

If the pipe is for a Lawley or Edrig/Ragleth I have these power units in stock here and can copy whichever one you need.