Accucraft "Sea Lion " Question

Charles M

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Arvada, Colorado, USA
Best answers
Country flag
How many Accucraft " Sea Lion" models in 7/8ths scale were made? I have number 101 .
Charles M .

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
How many Accucraft " Sea Lion" models in 7/8ths scale were made? I have number 101 .
Charles M .
That was classified/commercially sensitive information and certainly not common knowledge. There won't have been many, though. Mine (since sold) had a serial number below 100, I think.

Brixham

No buffers were hurt at this sign
27 Aug 2010
Best answers
Country flag
One of my contacts used to produce 'equipment'
To make his outfit look bigger than it really was....he never started his product numbering with 00001
More like 33123 for the first item.....33124 the second...

Malcolm

Charles M

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Arvada, Colorado, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I know of 2 here in the United States for certain. Mine and a friend of mine has one also. There might be a third model maybe, not sure for certain.
I heard there was a model of an Accucraft " Brown Bear " for sale, no more information on that model has come forth though. Would like to have one if it ever comes up. (Live Steam)
Charles M.

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
I know of 2 here in the United States for certain. Mine and a friend of mine has one also. There might be a third model maybe, not sure for certain.
I heard there was a model of an Accucraft " Brown Bear " for sale, no more information on that model has come forth though. Would like to have one if it ever comes up. (Live Steam)
Charles M.
The models were produced by Accucraft UK for Trackshack; the latter was a model railway shop on the Isle of Man whose owner was/is very involved in the Groudle Glen railway. Trackshack closed a few years ago; I'm pretty certain the proposed models of Polar Bear and Brown Bear never got made. I believe that there are currently no commercial Groudle Glen models on sale, so the only answer is to scratch build.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
One of my contacts used to produce 'equipment'
To make his outfit look bigger than it really was....he never started his product numbering with 00001
More like 33123 for the first item.....33124 the second...

Malcolm
In the 70s we had a glazing subcontractor from Southend - a two man band with him and his mate. His van was signwritten and numbered 12 :p:p