Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
just finished the day off nicely, ta, love it :)

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
bigjack - 25/10/2009 9:52 PM

Like your switcher Ade ;)

I've got one that's been on steroids :happy: an RS3 ;)

BTW, Like your beer train, I'm slowlybuilding mine up ;)

Nice shots Ade. Layout looks real nice.
I see in one pic that you suffer from needles. Can't stand them, I have an area where the layout runs under a huge larch like conifer tree (it is an evergreen one unlike the larch) that continually sheds its needles throughout the year. They are just big enough and tough enough to cause probs.
I did a leaf clear on all the tracks today..the wind started up as I was half way through the clearing....looked back and all my work was to nought! :angry: :(

Hi Steve....I know how that beer train can grow and the answer is sitting in my garage!

spike

It's me
24 Oct 2009
Upper Drakes Bottom
www.weathersatellite.info
Best answers
Country flag
<p>Nice pics.</p><p>Also have leaves and needles......as Mark......got a leaf blower, very handy.</p>

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
spike - 26/10/2009 6:42 AM

<p>Nice pics.</p><p>Also have leaves and needles......as Mark......got a leaf blower, very handy.</p>

Yeah I have one of those but because of the way the layout runs under this tree, if i blow the leaves they just get embedded in the track and end up inside the a tunnel. I can't get the blower inside the area to suck either! So it is a manual job!

LCR Controller

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Wokingham, Berkshire
Best answers
Found it!

Love the photos and the Mighty Mo. I have four beer reefers waiting to be hooked up.

Cheers

Renny :D

Pauly

Registered
26 Oct 2009
The Midlands
Best answers
Iv had my trains brought to a standstill and actually damaged by 1 count em 1 leaf!

I run little engines made out of wood with exposed gears and cogs underneath and yesterday when I wasnt look a little leaf got under an engine stopped it moving, got into the gears and broke the glue holding the wheels in gauge!

I had to take it apart and soak the axle and wheels in spirits to remove the grease and oil so I could re-glue them back on.

all because of 1 little leaf! :angry: :wits:

24 Oct 2009
Rugby Warwickshire
Best answers
Country flag
Yes...The leaves are a massive problem.Its the nature of my garden i`m afraid.Sucking them up with my leaf vacuum just pulls up the ballast too,plus the machine is next to useless.Tis just one of those things to have to live with.When leaf season is over,its such a joy :happy:

Ade.

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Your line looking very nice Ade :clap: Keep up the good work :applause:

Bram

Playing trains, Ballroom Dancing, Good Food & Wine
24 Oct 2009
Knowle
Best answers
Country flag
I use the blower to "sweep" the leaves on to the patio and then I change the attachment and suck 'em up:clap: