14c6540ee05d4be68acd390000ff0908.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

coyote97

RR, technical things, 4x4
9 Dec 2009
southern Germany
Best answers
eeehmmmm...***puzzeled***

why international? My RR is (thought to be) located in the colorado rockies, near the denver & rio grande western and serves a branchline up to the mountains. Thats why nearly all the rolling stock fits the d&rgw, or nearly does...
Some of the Passengers will be turned to red, the "house"-paint of the Cat-Canyon-Railroad (CCRR).

and what is an irish snowplow? dont know, sorry.

Mine is a K-27 plow which i fitted to the Connie. A bit big, but i like it. Perhaps one day a K-27 will follow.
But then WITH plow. Im not the one to buy a plow and then say..."oooops, now i need a loco that fits on...."

If there is any humor between the lines that i didnt understand, just be considerate with me and my handfull of school-english... :D

Frank

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Nice pics of your Connie with the plow:clap: Was the K-27 plow easy to fit to the Connie ?

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
coyote97 said:
and what is an irish snowplow? dont know, sorry.

Its a train with the plow at the wrong end (or the middle in this case). Its also quite derogatory to any one who is irish!

coyote97

RR, technical things, 4x4
9 Dec 2009
southern Germany
Best answers
its a bit an operation...
..it fits VERY easy when you dont mind looking very bad. it was much too far in front, so i shortened the frame for a piece. Fitting the plastics of the snow-plow-kit was easy.
for the plow beeing fitted well, i screwed it tight on the plates, what makes it difficult to remove. so i made a hole in the deck of the plow that allows me to go for the boilers front.
That hole i did cover with a piece of plastic floor (seems to belong between tender and loco) of the connie (that piece is too much..no clue where it shozld belong to...)
Finally i stabilized the plow with two hard-brass wires to the side of the boiler.

@ Doug:

a plow in the middle?
what is that then?????
an unneeded solution for 4 inches of snow???:thinking:

Frank

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Many thanks for that Frank , Have a plow that goes on my K-27 thought about fitting it to a Bachmann Annie but was to wide but looks ok on your Connie.

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
The 'irish snowplow' comment was someones comment on your second picture. :happy: