New(ish) to G Scale

sircastor

Registered
3 Apr 2024
Portland, OR
Best answers
Country flag
Hello,
My name is Aaron. As a graduation gift my Uncle got a gift for my son and I - an LGB starter set. We recently set it up in our family room and my son played with it enough that I bought some used straight track, and then a couple of turnout switches. I'm beginning to wonder if my Uncle passed on a curse of sorts, as my wallet is feeling somewhat lighter

Anyway, I'm excited to be here. In addition to this newly found train hobby, I enjoy 3D Printing (I have already designed and printed out a level crossing) and electronics (I'm slowly working on some automatic boom arms for said level crossing)

I'm pleased to be here, and hope to learn a lot!

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the Forum, Aaron..

You will find plenty of advice, and we like pictures..

Do beware of the humour, though. ;)

Meanwhile, enjoy your railroad!
PhilP

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Aaron....

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Aaron. Not the cheapest of hobbies, but something for everyone. Loads of advice on here, and plenty of electronic and 3d printing experts. I fact most questions about most things can be answered on here. As you've been told the humour can be very British!

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome and whereabouts in Portland are you located? We visited friends, now in Tigard, every year since 2004 until 2018 when I got a dose of the Big C, and then moved down 101 to Port Orford via Eugene.

sircastor

Registered
3 Apr 2024
Portland, OR
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome and whereabouts in Portland are you located? We visited friends, now in Tigard, every year since 2004 until 2018 when I got a dose of the Big C, and then moved down 101 to Port Orford via Eugene.
We're over in Beaverton - just north of Tigard.

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum, had a look at you xing so far and a very good start with 3D printing.