First in!

New Haven Neil

trains bikes camping kayaking red wine.....more tr
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
It's very childish, but I noticed there are no posts in Live Steam - so I'm putting the first one in, my claim to....well, not exactly fame, is it! :happy:

Dtsteam

G Scale, Travel, Steam Boats, Mechanical Music
24 Oct 2009
Preston
Best answers
Country flag
I'll second that....

spamcan

Anything to do with railways especially narrow gau
24 Oct 2009
Near Crediton, Devon
Best answers
A couple shots of Vincent that were previously on GSM. I was at the Exeter show today and bought another Regner (Victoria) to keep him company! Pictures to follow soon.

Radish Bahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Meaford, Canada
Best answers
Err .. just checking if Steam loco pics will upload ..... :eek:

[attachment deleted by admin]

tagorton

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Cornwall
Best answers
Mornin' All

Exeter show went well. I purchased a couple of miniature enots fittings for my coal fired Fowler – for an eye watering 25 squid a pair!! Needs must however. the lack of a filler/top up other than by the tender handpump has really been getting up my nose

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Nice loking loco Tag. Enots - what be they?

tagorton

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Cornwall
Best answers
They are push fit non-return connectors. The water connection from tender to loco on this model is just the usual screw-up male/femail connecctor (permanent fitting). Now this is fine, but when one is steaming up a coal fired loco needs lots of water so one is forever using the handpump in the tender. This is a real pain. With the enots quick release connector one can disconnect, click in a normal boiler top up type garden spray bottle and keep the level in the water gauge up with that. Once a good fire has been established and the loco ready to run, one can then just release the bottle and click in the standard tender connection for use while running – much more relaxing. My Edrig coalie has an extra enots fitted as standard and I get on very well with this. You won't be able to see it on the picture unfortunately (it is on the port side of the footplate behind the backscreen) but is is very easy to use.

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
It's a good first thread in the steam forum!

I too acquired a water fill system at Exeter, and a few other odds and sods. Oh, and gave into temptation having bumped into Mr Summerlands of chuffpipe fame as the show was closing, having managed to miss him all day! A very nice chap indeed. May have to do some testing later.

There was also a very nice ex Longlands & Western Caradoc on sale... I should have been more patient :lol:It's the loco on the back cover of Tag's book in fact.

DSC00494.jpg

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
I need to find a better photo of Laura that shows she is actually a girl, after several folks asked where my blue hair was at Exeter :lol:

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
brianthesnail96 - 25/10/2009 3:03 PM

I need to find a better photo of Laura that shows she is actually a girl, after several folks asked where my blue hair was at Exeter :lol:

If Laura has joined here, you'll need your own photo Matt.

New Haven Neil

trains bikes camping kayaking red wine.....more tr
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Some lovely photos there, I just lurve Tag's Fowler.....want one......as the saying goes!! :happy:

GHWood

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Isle Of Man
sites.google.com
Best answers
The Foxdale & St. Marks live steam fleet, as it stands!

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag
The FrankS looks brilliant DTSteam,

Spamcam please post pics of the Regner Victoria would love to see them :)

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Not yet Doug but she will.

Just spotted NHN's avatar :lol:

Doug

24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
brianthesnail96 - 25/10/2009 5:47 PM

Not yet Doug but she will.

Just spotted NHN's avatar :lol:

Contentious methinks! :happy:

Doug

24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
Mainline live steam:

tagorton

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Cornwall
Best answers
That loco was indeed one of mine and I was surprised to see that the seller had not made mention of the firing sys on this model. In fact it has a 'one-off Cheddar gas tank and pressure regulated gas valve. This means that the loco has an almost silent burner and one that will burn for the best part of an hour...