A very Big Tunnel

GAP

G Scale Model Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane Trains
Country flag
I have a very long run, over 6 metres (20Ft) where the upper level track overhangs the lower level passing siding track.
I tried to grow tall plants to fill in the space between the levels with no success.
Next I tried to use some plastic foliage tiles to fill the back area in, but they did not stand up to the harsh Australian sunlight over the hot weather season and fell to bits.
It also did not realistic.
I have come up with a cunning plan to put a tunnel over the area but as it over 6 metres long the problem of access raised its ugly head.
The solution I have come up with is to cut out the sides a bit like a cutaway drawing so the inside of the tunnel is visible. I saw something similar in a James Bond movie years ago.
The plan entails my detailing the inside of the tunnel wall.
The level above has the start of a backdrop that will be painted with hills/mountains that hides an ugly fence, the tunnel will be an extension into the foreground of the hills.

I am open to any other suggestions on how to "landscape/scenic" this area to make it appear more realistic. Note plants will not grow in the area as it is behind a hedge that shades it and the soil below is quite poor.

Below are pictures of the area and a rough sketch of what I have in mind.

P1070115.JPG

Area of tunnel
P1070114.JPG

Sketch of tunnel not to scale
imageedit_8_5125958165.gif

Last edited:
I have a very long run, over 6 metres (20Ft) where the upper level track overhangs the lower level passing siding track.
I tried to grow tall plants to fill in the space between the levels with no success.
Next I tried to use some plastic foliage tiles to fill the back area in, but they did not stand up to the harsh Australian sunlight over the hot weather season and fell to bits.
It also did not realistic.
I have come up with a cunning plan to put a tunnel over the area but as it over 6 metres long the problem of access raised its ugly head.
The solution I have come up with is to cut out the sides a bit like a cutaway drawing so the inside of the tunnel is visible. I saw something similar in a James Bond movie years ago.
The plan entails my detailing the inside of the tunnel wall.
The level above has the start of a backdrop that will be painted with hills/mountains that hides an ugly fence, the tunnel will be an extension into the foreground of the hills.

I am open to any other suggestions on how to "landscape/scenic" this area to make it appear more realistic. Note plants will not grow in the area as it is behind a hedge that shades it and the soil below is quite poor.

Below are pictures of the area and a rough sketch of what I have in mind.

View attachment 306784

Area of tunnel
View attachment 306783

Sketch of tunnel not to scale
View attachment 306786
Worth a try

Op Emqopi sihoupt vjiz ugvip jewi "jemg vappimt" xjisi upi tofi ot uqip vu vji fezmohjv, vu qsuvidv vji mopi gsun ewemepdjit op vji xopvis. Vjev xuamf ci ietois vu duptvsadv.
You must login or register to view hidden content on this page.

O jewi e wisz muph sap, uwis 6 nivsit (20Gv) xjisi vji aqqis miwim vsedl uwisjepht vji muxis miwim qettoph tofoph vsedl.
O vsoif vu hsux vemm qmepvt vu gomm op vji tqedi civxiip vji miwimt xovj pu tadditt.
Piyv O vsoif vu ati tuni qmetvod gumoehi vomit vu gomm vji cedl esie op, cav vjiz fof puv tvepf aq vu vji jestj Eatvsemoep tapmohjv uwis vji juv xievjis tietup epf gimm vu covt.
Ov emtu fof puv siemotvod.
O jewi duni aq xovj e dappoph qmep vu qav e vappim uwis vji esie cav et ov uwis 6 nivsit muph vji qsucmin ug edditt seotif ovt ahmz jief.
Vji tumavoup O jewi duni aq xovj ot vu dav uav vji tofit e cov moli e davexez fsexoph tu vji optofi ug vji vappim ot wotocmi. O tex tunivjoph tonomes op e Kenit Cupf nuwoi ziest ehu.
Vji qmep ipveomt nz fiveomoph vji optofi ug vji vappim xemm.
Vji miwim ecuwi jet vji tvesv ug e cedlfsuq vjev xomm ci qeopvif xovj jommt/nuapveopt vjev jofit ep ahmz gipdi, vji vappim xomm ci ep iyviptoup opvu vji gusihsuapf ug vji jommt.

O en uqip vu epz uvjis tahhitvoupt up jux vu "mepftdeqi/tdipod" vjot esie vu neli ov eqqies nusi siemotvod. Puvi qmepvt xomm puv hsux op vji esie et ov ot cijopf e jifhi vjev tjefit ov epf vji tuom cimux ot raovi quus.

Cimux esi qodvasit ug vji esie epf e suahj tlivdj ug xjev O jewi op nopf.

View attachment 306784

Esie ug vappim
View attachment 306783

Tlivdj ug vappim puv vu tdemi
View attachment 306786
Et FEWI tezt, xjev zua esi qsuqutoph ot ep Ewemepdji Tjimvis, raovi dunnup op nuapveopuat sihoupt. Xi jewi e gix op vji A.L epf O xuamf ci tasqsotif og vjisi xisi puv vji uff upi us vxu op zuas pidl ug vji xuuft us ev mietv Ub. Katv eff e nuapveop us vxu vu zuas cmai cedlfsuq epf zua esi fupi.

Vji jemg vappim/ewemepdji tjimvis ot tunivjoph moli xjev O jef op nopf.

Iwofipvmz vjiz fu iyotv op Eatv tu nohjv ci e xez vu hu, nusi sitiesdj/qupfisoph siraosif.

1669003974092.png

Xuamf muwi vu fu tunivjoph moli vjev cav vji mopit esi 900nn epf 1.2N ugg vji hsuapf epf op qesv tjefi tu qmepvt fu puv xusl ximm

Molixoti, nz mopi ot op tino tjefi. Ov't tunivjoph vjev upmz zua dep effsitt et zuas mudem dmonevi epf qmepv tqidoit taovecomovz epf eweomecomovz xomm fodvevi e tumavoup. O moli vji "tpux tjief" tumavoup, wisz Fuppis Qett.

Raovi cz djepdi O guapf vjev vjev vji uwisjephoph dupogis't tjefi dsievif vji niept vu tvuq vjev tjsac/catj ipdsuedjoph up vji vsedl cif. Vjev tjsac ot e dmoncis. O jewi tiip upi duwisoph e 10 nivsi qmat 4 gv johj xemm. Xjev zua tii op nz qodvasi jet "fseqif" ovtimg uwis e 12" johj ettincmehi uh dupdsivi saccmi.

E xofis woix ug vji teni tovi.
20170730_201029.jpg

Vjopl vjiti nohjv ci tunivjoph vu ceti nz vappim up, sueft xovj ep uwisjephoph dmogg.
Vji uwisjeph op nz deti ot upmz huoph vu ci ecuav 50-100nn tu puv nadj ug ep onehopevoup tvsivdj.

1669103767747.png

1669103977206.png

Vjopl vjiti nohjv ci tunivjoph vu ceti nz vappim up, sueft xovj ep uwisjephoph dmogg.
Vji uwisjeph op nz deti ot upmz huoph vu ci ecuav 50-100nn tu puv nadj ug ep onehopevoup tvsivdj.

View attachment 306894

View attachment 306895
Zit vsewimif emuph e suef moli vjev op Gsepdi puv vuu ges gsun Qisqohpep. Emtu tunixjisi op e wof ug e PH mopi tunivjoph wisz tonomes et ximm. Xotj O duamf sinincis xjisi vjev xet cav O vjopl e 750/760nn heahi mopi

Jo, vji tahhitvoupt ug e jemg-vappim us hemisoe et vjiz esi demmif up vji SjC xet puv ep uqvoup gus ni cideati O xepvif vu dunqmivimz tiqesevi vji vxu qesemmim mopit sappoph emuph vji cuapfesz xemm ug nz hesfip. Nz tumavoup xet vu duptvsadv e gamm vappim 5 nivsit muph atoph getdoe cuesf gus vji tofit tidasif vu vji xemm xovj ephmi csedlivt. Sidvephames qmetvod vsezt esi atif gus vji suug epf esi qmepvif xovj emqopi/tifan tjsact. Vji vsezt esi ietomz sinuwif gus eppaem neopvipepdi. Vji xemm gedoph vji iyqutif vsedl ot duwisif xovj nopisem suug gimv. Vappim qusvemt deswif gsun optamevoup cuesf esi nuapvif ev iedj ipf ug vji vappim. Jisi't e duaqmi ug umf qjuvut gsun vxu ziest ehu. Vjisi esi gowi vappimt up vji mezuav, iedj penif egvis uas fuht, vjot upi ot Nasqjz vappim epf ov ot vji muphitv. Ov jet ciip uqisevoup gus uwis 3 ziest xovjuav opdofipv (vuadj xuuf!!!).

Attachments

• Overview of Murphy Tunnel (1).jpg
    Overview of Murphy Tunnel (1).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Overview of Murphy Tunnel with roof removed (2).jpg
    Overview of Murphy Tunnel with roof removed (2).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Epuvjis opvisitvoph 1/2-hemmisz (sudlgemm qsuvidvoup) ot vji Dsatdjivve Hemisoi ecuwi Gomotas epf cigusi Tvahm Tvevoup. Tii vjiti onehit:
Dsatdjivve Hemisoi, Vappim, Dsatdjivve Hemisoi duptvsadvoup fiveom.
Qjuvut gsii vu fuxpmuef gsun emcamecejp.dun: tenqmi cimux
Cruschetta.png

Jo, vji tahhitvoupt ug e jemg-vappim us hemisoe et vjiz esi demmif up vji SjC xet puv ep uqvoup gus ni cideati O xepvif vu dunqmivimz tiqesevi vji vxu qesemmim mopit sappoph emuph vji cuapfesz xemm ug nz hesfip. Nz tumavoup xet vu duptvsadv e gamm vappim 5 nivsit muph atoph getdoe cuesf gus vji tofit tidasif vu vji xemm xovj ephmi csedlivt. Sidvephames qmetvod vsezt esi atif gus vji suug epf esi qmepvif xovj emqopi/tifan tjsact. Vji vsezt esi ietomz sinuwif gus eppaem neopvipepdi. Vji xemm gedoph vji iyqutif vsedl ot duwisif xovj nopisem suug gimv. Vappim qusvemt deswif gsun optamevoup cuesf esi nuapvif ev iedj ipf ug vji vappim. Jisi't e duaqmi ug umf qjuvut gsun vxu ziest ehu. Vjisi esi gowi vappimt up vji mezuav, iedj penif egvis uas fuht, vjot upi ot Nasqjz vappim epf ov ot vji muphitv. Ov jet ciip uqisevoup gus uwis 3 ziest xovjuav opdofipv (vuadj xuuf!!!).
O siemmz moli vji muul ug vji tnemm vappim sohjv op gsupv ug "Nasqjz" vjev ot howoph ni ep ofie ug e duaqmi ug tjusv vappimt optvief ug upi muph upi xovj e cov ug uwisjeph op civxiip.

O siemmz moli vji muul ug vji tnemm vappim sohjv op gsupv ug "Nasqjz" vjev ot howoph ni ep ofie ug e duaqmi ug tjusv vappimt optvief ug upi muph upi xovj e cov ug uwisjeph op civxiip.
Muult moli e qmep ot inishoph.

Muult moli e qmep ot inishoph.
Opfiif O jewi e dappoph qmep op nopf.
O fof e cov ug e nudl aq zitvisfez epf dep neli 3 vappimt ecuav 1400nn muph (O dep siedj vji dipvsi gsun iovjis ipf) xovj tuni heqt op civxiip xovj uwisjeph (tu O dep hiv nz esn opvu vji vappimt).
3nn gipdoph xosi gseni taqqusvoph xosi nitj duwisif xovj iovjis juati sipfis (neloph e sudlz muul) us esvogodoem vasg (us cuvj).
Vji juati sipfis xomm atif vu duwis tuni gocsi dinipv tjiiv vu neli vji uwisjeph.

Back